Posts by sjp3003

So what do you recommend for air travel???   I've been on a quest to find the ultimate air travel headphones for the past 5 years (over 3MM miles flown during these years), serially buying up and discarding  (giving away to my sons) noise cancelling cans as fast as Lance Armstrong and his teammates chewed up their competitiors (our addicitons are slightly different).  So far, tossed cans include:   Sony MDR NC 500:  rechargable and battery flexibility is nice,...
My report on the M5's after 4 hours of use... I could not wait to give these a try pre-burn-in, so I hooked them up to my Zune/Corda Move for an initial listen with the fitted silicone plugs straight from the box. I had mostly been using ATH CK9's with the Zune, and previously used Ety 4P's, so my ears had burned into iem's that are very clear and emphasize mids/highs. True to warnings on this thread, my initial impression was that the M5's presented much fuller...
Whew...that's US$203 with the discount. They are going for about US$145 in the USA now. I picked up a pair a few weeks ago & have been pleased with them. Nice depth and soundstage for an earbud. Overall bright & clear. The bass is limited but overall the sound is pleasant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cankin I'm still in my third year of business management and deciding either major in finance or accounting but I always found that accountants are the most hated in any companies and being described as bean counters (which a negative word IMO) for those of you who are accountants, how do you feel about that? I resembled that remark 25 years ago. I went the finance route & have been an international corporate...
Quote: Originally Posted by die kassette HAHAHA, this is unbelievable... I am cyclist to, and I canot beleve how many of us love bikes here. I have something special, Bianchi that is made only for me, worth 7000euros, all Campy record ultra 10 used in Tour last year...and just for sjp3003...It is all in carbon and titanium... Nice bike..we may need to open a new section to trade bikes for Audio equipment!
Quote: Originally Posted by MaloS Nice! Now thats a neat piece of gear right there. Do you use it or more for a sense of its awesomeness? I bought the Merckx to ride it. I used to do 3 or 4 rides per week, about 35kms each, and on Sundays I would mountain bike. I did that from 1992 to 1997. Then I was transferred for work to El Salvador and Colombia and I had to give up riding due to security. I just unpacked them a few months ago now that I...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaloS ...Now that does not mean I don't like going riding. Last year I downed 700 bucks on a new Trek road bike, and after I am through with finishing up my head-fi rig will probably look more into working on the bike and improving things (want to change the tires, probably mod the breaks and the gear controls since the way they are right now it is not the best for maintaining control at high speed). I am sure there are people...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaloS ...Some people I know who walked in here and saw my phones, listened, but were like 'whatever, its the same thing' ... They would not spend money on anything but upgrading their car - and I would not spend anything on making a faster car because speed to me is a cheap thrill. Funny you mention that...when I saw this thread the first thing I asked myself was whether other HeadFiers would sympathize with or...
All the time on my Corda Move & Headroom Supreme...none on my ASL, but I use the ASL with K1000's that allow for XFeed...
Recently I was looking for a set of in-ear buds after leaving my last Ety' ERP 4's in an airplane seatback after flying MIA-LGA-Mexico the same day. This is not the first time I've left audio stuff after landing groggily in some distant place, so this time around I decided to look for value: a great sounding set of buds at substantially less than I paid for the Etys (when I bought them they were $250). I was intrigued by the AT ck9's when I saw them discounted from...