Posts by BluePhase

I'm also big fan of using pink noise for burn-in. Although I'm quite new to the world of quality headphones, I have been a Hi-fi audiophile for the last 15 years or so. I heard about pink noise roughly 10 years ago and have been using it for burn-in ever since. I currently use two Behringer DEQ2496's (a EQ/RTA mastering processor) which have a built in pink noise generator. Although it was intended for the automatic EQ (the processors set the EQ automatically for each...
I contacted one of the UK's official resellers (ea audio) about this. They told me the following:It could be that only official resellers (the ones shown on FiiO's website) had their full stocks replaced and that some 'unofficial' resellers still have some of the old faulty stock.
I just performed the foam mod. Without the foam, the sound seems more transparent and 'airy'. For the type of music I listen to (smooth jazz, soundtracks) this is a definite improvement. However, I also noticed that lower quality recordings and highly compressed files sound harsher than they did before the mod. Anyone else notice this?
After reading all the posts in this thread, I think I'll reconsider buying an E17 or E07K. I tend to have bad luck with these sort of things and a defect rate of 1% is simply too high for my taste. @JamesFiiO I appreciate your honesty when it comes to this issue. Many businesses could learn something from this. Have you considered using changeable LiPo batteries in future portable amps (much like in the E11)? This would allow customers to simply order a new battery...
I'm currently on the fence between buying either a Fiio E07K or an E17, but I'm leaning towards the E07K as I would rarely use the optical in. However, I was wondering how tough the shiny front of the E07K is. Is it prone to scratching or is it as tough as an iPhone 4/5? Although I'm always very careful with my electronics, I'm also on the road quite a bit. A screen protector would be an option, though I think they generally don't look too good (air bubbles, peeling,...
Thanks for all your informative replies. Much appreciated. I just ordered a set of HD 558's online. They should be here tomorrow.   Thanks again.
Hi everyone,   I'm a longtime reader, but first time poster.   I'm looking to buy my first hifi headphone and since I'll be using it for movies as well, was interested in the Sennheiser HD 558. However, I read quite a few posts of people complaining how tight these headphones sit on one's head. I have a big noggin myself (motorcycle helmet size XXL), but have no issues with my Sennheiser 448 and HDR 170. Is the HD 558 comparable to these headsets?   I would...