Posts by Kees

And that discussion is unrelated to audio. My point exactly, I think you've got it (Smartypants?).
No. They are combined and you buy them in one package, but they are still unrelated. Much like the looks of a beautiful coat are unrelated to it's ability to keep you warm.
Dedicated followers of fashion... Sure, and there is nothing wrong with loving beautiful looking things, but it has no relation whatsoever with audiophilia...
Looks can be important sometimes I'm sure, but I think in an audio related context looks are mostly abundantly irrelevant.  Doesn't mean I'm denying anyone the pleasure of discussing the merrits of owning a piece of ear jewelry. Just wanted to point out that to some that aspect has no value in the context of their main function as an audio device. It only makes them much more (and to me needlessly) expensive, but that's of course my problem only, and I can live with...
He'd look like a loser wearing TH900....
OK, pseudo audiphile. Still, I seriously consider the luxury overload of the TH900 an audiphile waste of money...
Just my 2c as a true audiophile. Anything on a pair of headphones that is not there to enhance the audio experience doesn't belong there (= I don't like to pay for it). If I have to, I will (if I can afford it of course) IF that brings me the best audio. If a change in cosmetics will improve the audio experience I'll do it in a heartbeat (again: if I can afford it). That would include something like exchanging the solid gold/platinum diamond encrusted cups for...
The volume at which you listen will make A LOT of difference for the amount of bass you perceive.  Look up Fletcher Munson curve. A simple explanation can be found here for instance.
Nice!  But you have to be careful with your amp. Maybe a cage?
I replaced the EZ81 with a Weber copper cap. And I also replaced the Russian tubes with Electro Harmonix. Lighter bass, but more transparency.