Posts by mithrandir38

I would say don't do the revision. That post gets really crowded with that extra wire in there.
go through the menu options and you'll see the gain options
Yeah, I wanted to try an all-balanced setup. The oppo sounds a bit clearer, but it's very close to the Bifrost/Lyr combo.
Yeah, I wanted to try an all-balanced setup. The oppo sounds a bit clearer, but it's very close to the Bifrost/Lyr combo.
it is outstanding! I settled with the oppo ha1, but I loved the Lyr 2 with Nos Rca tubes and tung sols
adjust the ear cup rings, dude. Those are just fine. Put them on your head and enjoy!
I have a classic gen 7 and it IS compatible. No freezing up, and it passes the data.
Yea thats what my first thought was when trying them on, after all that hype for this thin, light, analytical, bright, bass light sound. Yea sure its a bit bright in tone, and it can be a bit sibilant sometimes (I only had them for a day so far, so I wont pass judgement until a week goes by, but even then its still kinda sharp, as in on point vs. dulled). but otherwise I think the contrast in sound makes the bass better. the lcd 2 is very linear and has that overall smooth...
I had the same impression my first time listening to the 800s. I felt the bass was superb on any given track and wondered what all the fuss was about. I also didn't find them all that bright, as they are reputed to be. Just my two cents.
good info, thanks. I will say that I re-burned Moving Pictures dvd audio in alac format, and this time it does read as 96/24, whereas I burned Dream Theater's self titled dvd audio for a second time, and it's still 96/16. You know what? Who cares! It's dynamic and it sounds great. If I didn't have the display, I wouldn't care