Posts by catcherfly

Did you hear back from Ryan? I'd like to know as I'm considering getting the D2 (already have the A1).
Thanks for your reply. I am waiting on an adapter for my theorem 720 so I can see if it works with another DAC - then i'll have a better sense. 4m is a long distance and some cables work better with one DAC than with another.
I have a NFB-10ES2 - same chip as the 28 (I am posting here since this thread has more action) and I am having issues connecting with my Mac using a 4m copper USB cable from Forza Audio Works. It used to work but at some point, I believe with a OS update, it stopped working. The computer sees the device but won't recognize it as an audio device. Occasionally I can make a connection (turning things on and off) but even then there is popping. I updated the Audio-GD firmware...
I'm wondering if anyone has opinions on copper digital cables vs silver digital cables with the 720. I am going to buy a couple different lengths of lightning (for iPhone/iPad) to USB Mini from Forza Audio Works and they offer both OCC 7N Cryo Copper and Silver.
I will. I sent an email to Sunggoo at T-Peos asking him if the cables have 3 or 4 wires, if T-Peos could make a balanced cable, or if T-Peos could sell me just the connectors so I could commission someone to make a cable.A couple months ago I had Sunricky, an eBay cable maker in Hong Kong, make a silver cable with a mic remote (before I bought the Theorem 720). The sound was not a good as the stock H-300 cables - brighter and lacking in bass - so I would be hesitant to...
For the last two weeks I've been using the H-300 with the Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC/Amp. Aside from the noise floor, which I find to be minimal - only noticeable between tracks or with very quiet music - the sound is absolutely incredible. I have gotten used to the highs with the H-300 so I don't feel the need to EQ. Using Comply foam also tones down the treble. The Theorem 720 is fairly neutral so it doesn't change the signature of the H-300, it just seems to extends...
I am curious about this as well - I plan to convert one my iem cables to balanced.
I ended up buying the Cypher Labs Theorem 720 .The battery life is fantastic, its sounds excellent with the H-300, works as a DAC only  (In my car or anywhere else) and charges my iPhone. My only complaint is the noise floor but it's not bad and most of the time I can't hear it at all. I have been traveling since i purchased it so I haven't been able to listen with other headphones but its very powerful and It may even sound better than my Audio-GD NFB10ES2.
I don't think the D2 DAC will read an idevice but my guess is that the D2 would work with the DX50. I suggest emailing Ryan at Maverick
Has anyone tried the T-Peos H-200 or H-300 with the 720. They are not crazy sensitive IEM so I'm really hoping the noise floor will be minimal. I'll be listening with an iPhone 5s, mostly electronic music