or Connect

Posts by MenacingTuba

The default 2.5x & 6.5x gain.
Audioengine D1: Perfectly working D1 in excellent condition which was used for around a year which comes with the included USB cable.  No longer needed since I upgraded to a DAC with XLR outputs and more inputs.   I accept paypal, PM if interested, no low-balling, but reasonable offers may be accepted. I live in Canada, prices are in US $, I ship to the States and the prices include shipping, insurance & Pay Pal fees. Heatware. No trades.
Arcturian   I want Massdrop to sell the beautiful Audiolab M-Dac.
JDS Labs engraves them for free, and it's a reference to an Arcturus song The Deep In The Skies, a name which I think inspires the imagination.  I had it engraved since I intended to keep it, but it can't provide enough power/volume to my T90's in some games and Blu Rays.
I accept paypal, PM if interested, no low-balling, but reasonable offers may be accepted. I live in Canada, prices are in US $, I ship to the States and the prices include shipping, insurance & Pay Pal fees. Heatware. No trades.   New AKG K712:   Brand new and sealed AKG K712 Pro which I received via warranty replacement at the end of October, 2015.  I don't want these since I prefer my Beyerdynamic T90's which I bought when I first sent the K712 away.
Sequel to my last post.  After emailing and being ignored by the AKG rep (Hector E Hernandez) I sent a few emails to some of AKG's other contact addresses to ask for an exchange instead of spending more money and waiting for another "repair."  I told that I would receive help on Thursday October 22nd, and am eagerly awaiting some proper help.  Has anyone else been able to exchange their headphones for a new pair after receiving unfixed ones?
Check out the Arcam irDac (lots of reviews are available via Google), Essence HDACC and JDS Labs Objective 2 or Gustard H10 amplifier.  Both the JDS Labs O2 and Gustard should be powerful enough for the 702's when watching blu-ray's while the Aune is not, and I doubt the DAC Magic Plus is either.  The Aune is meant to be an all in one for those with DSD files and no speakers since it lacks a pre-amp.  Choosing a DAC and amp is difficult since very, very, very few reviewers...
I choose between the same units a few months ago and picked the Aune since the Cambridge's headphone amplifier is not supposed to be that great, but it is possible to buy the Cambridge along with an external amplifier like the praised JDS Labs Objective 2 for only a bit more than the Aune (basing this on US prices).  If you have 600ohm Beyerdynamic headphones then you will definitely need an external amplifier since none of these can provide enough volume.
After 2 months I received my allegedly fixed AKG K712's only to find out that they still suffer from the dreaded bass rattle, and that I had to pay 60$ in duty fees since they made me send them from B.C. to California to get repaired.  I asked if I could send them to a Canadian repair center first, but the Canadian rep did not provide me with proper contact information and ignored me when I asked for clarification.
I accept paypal, PM if interested, no low-balling. I live in Canada, prices are in US $, I ship to the States and the prices include shipping, insurance & Pay Pal fees. Heatware. No trades.   This is a perfectly functioning, used Astro MixAmp from 2013 which only has around a year of use.  It comes with the included USB and optical cable.