Posts by MenacingTuba

Replace Denon D2000's with these.  Planned on getting Beyerdynamic T90's but the sibilance reports and my  DT 880 600 ohm experience put me off.  Was after a mostly neutral phone without to much base or recessed mids, the K712's seem to work.  These are so much more transparent compared to the muddy and overly-bassy D2000's.  Vocals aren't as clear as the 880's (Faunts Explain) but are very close and the last minute of Explain (Apple Loss-less)=sibilance fest on the 880's...
Am I missing something?  Most AMP's such as the Asus Xonar Essence Muses only have 1x optical, 1x coaxial and 1x usb inputs plus analogue connections.  It seems either manufacturers expect customers to switch inputs (not hard) or only own one device with an optical input.     I'd like to see an all-digital AMP with 4x optical (PC-MS Console-Sony Console-Apple TV/PVR).  Why doesn't this exist? Optical to coaxial converters retail for around 20$ and most newer motherboards...
I've seen the graphs but have seen the many posts in here from people who found the T90's to be quite sibilant.  I think I am quite sensitive to it, but I don't find the 880's highs too harsh, yet.   Vocals are definitely amazing...Faunts Explain's vocals @340 are amazingly clear compared to my Kilpsch Image S4I's.
My T90's are finally shipping next week after two months of waiting, allegedly!  Decided to try the DT 880 600 ohm's to make sure I liked the feel and highs since they are half the price in Canada.   Set-Up: Denon 1713 Receiver with Apple Lossless Files.  Only used the DT 880's for around 20 hours    I'm finding the DT 880's sibilance quite apparent with high notes, but, they are more detailed (though definitely bass light, though I did always find the D2000's...
NCIX Canada currently has these in stock for 499$ (585$ after tax+shipping).  I ordered mine from AV Shop on June 8th for 509$ (with tax+shipping) & have been waiting for them to come back in stock.  Not sure if I want to wait any longer.
Long & McQuade has them for 500$ and AV Shop Canada will price match+beat the price difference.
The T90's are only 500-530$ in Canada which is strange since many headphones are at least 100$ more expensive hear.
I only accept Paypal, price includes shipping, insurance and paypal fees.  PM if interested, no mega-low-balling. I ship within Canada and the US.    Heatware   I live in Canada, US buyers prepare to wait longer for the item to arrive (1-2 weeks).  Faster shipping is available but it typically costs 10-15$ more, buyer pays for faster shipping.   Purchased these new in 2010, in very good condition from a smoke & infant free home. The left hangar screw...
After two weeks of nothing from Microland  I emailed the Denon USA person I was originally in contact with to ask if I could just order the parts I needed from the US.  A few hours later I received an email from the Microland employee which just said my order had shipped.  Checked my VISA to find a 39.20$ charge for what I was originally quoted 20$+ S & H for.    At least getting the parts I needed for an out of warranty item only took a month vs. the two months I've...
Volume is set to 50-70% on my receiver depending on the source