Posts by wigz81

Well. Today I ended up picking a few sets of cans. Picked up the momentum, k550, and for the hell of it the ue-6000. None of the units met my need of a 'sealed' set. I had excessive leakage on all of them. My hd280 had next to none but I wanted a set a bit on the slimmer side. The bulk of the 280 tended to get on my nerves. Been testing the sets over the last few hours and although the Sennheiser's didn't meet my need for a closed set I don't think I'm going to take them...
Yea I heard that as well. My head is a bit on the small side so it's hard finding a good fit/seal. It's either loose and falling off or it's a vice grip on my head.
Headphones background...I don't do as much home listening as I used to I mostly use them at work for underways, port visits, duty days, etc. I already own the hd650 so I'm not in the market for open cans and I learned from my 1st deployment that they don't go over well with those that sleep near me. I have been using the hd280pro and prior to that the Sony mdr-7506. I definitely need closed cans. It's quite hard to find phones that suit me though due to the differences in...
Definitely need closed/sealed. I'm in the Navy and will be using them while underway etc. sound leakage is very important.
Currently looking to pick up a new set of cans this Friday to replace my current ailing set. At the moment I'm practically pulling my hair out between 3 sets. Currently debating between AKG K550, Sennheiser Momentum, and B&W P5. Between the 3 I think the real battle is between the K550 & Momentums. Currently using a budget set up with a pair of sennheiser hd280pro & Electric Avenues p2va2 amp. Looking to step up to something more refined. Sound wise I'm looking for tight...