Posts by Romani

Fair enough, thanks for confirming. I am probably sitting more on 4 hours of use over 2 days in the office, so a little less usage than expected.
I may as well clarify my settings and the way I use the device for comparison's sake, running on 2.36: * Gain is High.* Volume hovers around 75-80.* Brightness is on about 60% however screen on-time is minimal.* I am using the headphone jack rather than line or coax out.* I use it on the way to work, 1 hour each way uninterrupted, and in the office where I get interruptions throughout the day, the thing would auto close around 6 times per day where I have to switch it back...
I have to admit, I am equally underwhelmed by the battery longevity. It is better now compared to the firmware it came with out of the box, however, I don't feel I am even getting 7 hours out of this thing. I wonder if the 10-14 hours being quoted is dependent on the Gain setting? Mine is on High so I wonder if that is impacting my battery life.
I'm not too worried about the freeze and as you guys said, easy enough to reinstall the firmware and do a full reset. I would be lying if I said most devices I have owned to date haven't had their random freezes or crashes. Difference is that this is a beta and one can expect something like this to happen. Just thought I would mention it here since this is a 2.36 thread after all.
Gang, just wanted to confirm that I had my X5 freeze yesterday for the first time since getting it a few weeks ago. It is running 2.36 and I hadn't done anything special. Switched it on, pressed the back button once and it hung. I haven't been able to reproduce it since then. I had to hold the power button for around 10 seconds to force it to shut down. I restarted and everything was back to normal.   Another random question. The X1 can be controlled via headphone...
Makes sense Russell, thanks for explaining. So I assume this would be different to the Normaliser function I have seen on previous players to try and achieve the same, with the delta being the fact Replay Gain writes volume info to the metadata? I assume once one program works this out and writes to it, alternative players can just read this? So if that metadata field was updated on my PC then the file copied to the Fiio, if the X5 was capable, it would just read it and...
I have to admit, as much as I enjoy reading and sharing opinions regarding musical hobbies on head-fi, it infuriates me returning to such threads to see people battle it out to ensure their opinion is treated as gospel. I think a more constructive conversation is how we encourage Fiio to make the X5 a better device to use in terms of functionality, and we have the perfect opportunity to make it worthwhile because they check in and weigh in here. Instead they have to sift...
Thanks for confirming gang. I've heard these relays kick in with other full sized amps, just don't recall hearing it with the X5 prior to now. I must be losing the plot.
Guys, I am confident I wasn't hearing this before but just started noticing 2 audible clicks inside the player when connecting and disconnecting the headphones. I am not referring to a sound I am hearing among the music in my headphones themselves but as if there is a component inside the player that is activating and deactivating as I connect and disconnect my headphones to the headphone jack. Are you all hearing this and I just wasn't noticing or did my X5 just start...
Thanks Brooko and Theo for the feedback, much appreciated :)