Posts by deafanddumb

After reading Brooko review, which is great, along with the other LP5 review.....there are a couple of major failings with this device on paper which isn't acceptable for something twice the price of the C4, which I found most annoying. 1. A plastic screen is cheap and makes the device look cheap after only a few months with tiny scratches, think £10 watch! Without a leather case to carry, as the C4 has, the problem is compounded. Resale is also affected...and please don't...
By the way...was this product not at CanJam 2015? Would have liked to see feedback from wider audience....
I must say....as a big fan and owner of the colorfly C4....this product is a heart racer! It seems to have many of the qualities and priorities of the C4 but in an upgraded way...the C4 is amazing on its own with full size Fostex TH900's so I'm sure this would surpass even that.....very very exciting....once the niggles have been sorted in a few months. Ps for the existing C4 owner, it would seem the gold version is the only choice, as the silver offers only small...
Half term report: Nice to see my vintage C4 still held in regard :-) Lotoo still doing well....and surprise new entries for ZX2....
London....New home of the billionaires!
Ah yes....the Dx100 was the other big daddy at the time I bought my C4....I liked them both as I believe they are still the only daps with 6.3mm Jack port!?
Thanks guys.....nice to see the C4 in there somewhere! Must admit I've never heard of the Lotoo....is it really the new must have!?
I'm a long time user and fan of the Colorfly C4 (paired with my fostex th900). But despite my best efforts to stay up to date, my question is....as of right now, including players actually heard at CanJam, what is the top ten order of DAP's, from a pure sound quality point of view? Subjectivity/personal preference comes into it, but if possible, can we stick to actual quality of sound rather than design, interface, etc. (I'd also be interested in where you believe my C4...
Hey Tony....same neck of the woods...could always start a northern version!? :-) p.s. I have colorfly C4 and Fostex th900's which are a great match if you fancied a mini shoot out sometime?
Fight the system people! ;-)