Posts by teknikk7

Hands down best tube I have ever placed inside my Woo Audio WA6.  Makes the sophia princess sound like the stock tube.  I have mine paired with 6SN7, pure bliss.  Good luck
Adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-596-to-5U4G-Vacuum-tube-adapter-socket-converter-/290955174304?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item43be47a1a0   Tube: ???
 ?
This guys going on ebay soon, thought I would offer to my fellow headfiers first.  I am looking for a nice pair of headphones, Amp or speakers as a trade.  Prefer local trade because of the weight but am open to anything.   I built this NAS for a project that never got off the ground.  It is a 15 hot swap bay for massive storage.  Can be a movie, music or file streamer.  Plug in your own hard drives and add to the storage pool.  Has the potential to be a 30TB server...
Anyone try a Brimar GZ32?  I have done side by side testing between it and the 596, and it is very close.  The sound signature is very close, mechanical/analytical. The exception that the 596 goes slightly deeper on the low end.  Easily beats out the Sophia and stock rec that come with the WA6.  Very impressed so far...
Gotta love this community.
  +2   I have never heard any noise from my WA6.  I have rolled a number of tubes both rec and drivers.  Using a VDACII via USB.
  Aghh, missed it.  I was there real early and left pretty quick, had prior engagement.
  By far the most amazing headphones I heard at yesterday's meet.  Second was the TH600...   I wanted to hear the 900 so bad but no one had any...
    Maybe they are trying to move inventory..?