or Connect

Posts by Bagheera

I was driving them straight out of my X-Fi Titanium HD (I know what hardcore audiophiles say about having a dedicated amp, but frankly this soundcard drives most headphones very well) I think your impressions are similar to mine. The bass quantity was fine, but there was more mid-bass emphasis than sub-bass; I found my AKG K553 to be cleaner-sounding as the result (sub-bass emphasis). The biggest issue for me was the treble; it's not just the lack of sparkle, to me it...
A quick background on my purchase: I have been looking to get a decent pair of earphones for on the go. Since I have some decent full-sized cans at home, I can't exactly deal with crappy-sounding earbuds.   I did not have a budget in mind, and was willing to spend upward to $200 for a nice pair of in-ears. However, I do not believe expensive = good sound, and was willing to try out a bunch of well-reviewed earphones in different price tiers. After reading an extensive...
Oh nono, I meant that I find the DN-1000 to have slightly too much bass as it is, I don't think I need it enhanced any further.
I've been looking for a good pair of portables to complement my ATH-EM9d (which are nice, but they provide no isolation and they lack bass, which meant they aren't suitable for many genres or movie-watching). Ideally I wanted something I can travel with that would isolate the cabin noise on trains and airplanes. I already own several full-sized cans and have never enjoyed dragging those around when I travel, so I started looking into IEMs.   After reading an extensive...
According to USPS, Unit #1 should have arrived at the next person on the list. :) Looking forward to reading your thoughts.
Ok, quick impression - please keep in mind this is my opinion (as is everything when it comes to sound), and that I have only spent two days with it. I'll be doing more listening and have my wife try them as well. :)   So my very first impression was... they sounded kinda boring. I know Tyll at InneFidelity said similarly in his review of the PM-3, and I was careful not to specifically listen for what he mentioned. But the simple fact is the PM-3's treble is very laid...
Hey there everyone! I would like to confirm that I just received loaner unit #1. :) Thank you HouseTremere!   Will post impressions soon! Thanks again to Oppo for this opportunity.
I haven't tried the K702, but I think the K5xx lines are tuned significantly different from their K7xx line.The K550, in spite of its flaws, did have excellent clarity and I used it for video editing where analytical listening is required. For "fun" listening such as games and movies I preferred the ATH-A900X.The K553 has improved on the K550 so much that I now consider it superior to the A900X in every way except for may be the treble extension (but given a choice I would...
Most user reviews I've read said the K545 is more bassy than the K550 (more v-shaped supposedly). I hsvent heard ghe K545 myself, though I was never fully happy with the K550.The K553 to my ears is much improved, though.
The way you summarized the K545 sounds a lot like how I would have sumnarized the K550.I did a comparison review of the K550 and K553 for those curious about the differences.