or Connect

Posts by wahsmoh

Darn I have such bad timing. I'm here in Peru til August 15th and Dan is practically in my backyard off of Rosecrans.. I spend a lot of time in Point Loma either surfing or hanging out with my friends. I want to preorder the Ether Flow C but it's hard to order without first comparing to the open Flow. I'm a closed can kind of guy so I have a feeling if this is the Ether C with more bass whomp and slightly less bright highs then I am basically sold. Never was a fan of the...
My progeny only has RCA but I know for sure it is set at 4V and Bifrost MB is standard 2V.
Hey Brian.. No iTunes.. god forbid I ever install that malware again. I had iTunes on my computer for about 1 1/2 hours last  year and I was trying to transfer things from my iPad... It rubbed me the wrong way with all the annoying updates and garbage UI that frustrates me. I will stick to simple but easy to use Foobar2000 w/ Wasapi support and all the plugins I can play with.
I wonder? After it happened it said I had 119gb free which is the entire music space... So far I get one music transfer... that is once it deletes everything.. I can transfer it back until I disconnnect the usb and start playing music again. When I try to add more songs.. that's when things get problematic for me and suddenly everything gets wiped. So I can only charge my Fiio X3 after first playback.
I've been having a major problem with my Fiio X3II. When I hook up my Fiio and select, "open folder to view files", my whole playlist is wiped clean.. and then I'm left with this :   and now my G: is empty... that was hours and hours of music transferring gone just by hooking up my X3 to my computer  this is the second time this has happened. Why?
I like the TH-X00. It is what the HD600 would sound like if it was closed and had subbass. Voicing is very good and treble is pretty extended and not sibilant. Also the "openness" is very good for a closed can. I have kind of set aside my HD600s for the TH-X00 cause I can go back and forth between genres and not lose out on really anything. The HD600s are IMO much more suited for instruments and "real" music. Dance, electronic music, hiphop/rap, trap, can really be tested...
Very nice!! Mine should be coming tomorrow from Moon Audio. They are so quick!! I was about to see what was the hold up and I realized I hadn't checked my e-mail in a few days. Drew is so fast and responsive with everything. It shipped two days ago 
I second this. There is no treble harshness for me when listening to the TH-X00 and that is with Alpha pads too. When I first heard them out of the box I was a little worried cause it wasn't the sound I was hoping for.   Anyways I believe it's a combination of driver burn in and brain adjusting to the sound signature.   I don't understand people that buy a headphone and listen to it for a short time before deciding to cast it off. It's like gear selling becomes a hobby...
I like the HD600 a little more than the DT880 because it has a slightly smoother treble. But if paired with a good DAC I don't think the DT880 is as bright as people think. I've  heard it with different DACs over the years and they suit the signature different. Also the HD600 isn't the last word in deep bass and neither is the DT880 but I think there is more subbass with the DT880 than HD600. With music that has bass instruments and not bass wobbles it wouldn't matter much...
I have to agree on the WTA filter. Going the road untraveled to better sound is what has made Mr. Rob Watts and Mike Moffat so successful. They were able to deliver superior filtering which makes up a big chunk of the music experience. Ringing, post ringing, phase accuracy, etc. etc. is why off-the-shelf chips sound like off the shelf chips until they've corrected these problems.   Usually cheap filters don't do this well enough or Parks-McClellan and a DAC with a...