Posts by vidzegg

I really like MA 900 for movies, they are just superb cans for ..... everything. Its bass, and soundstage really shines for movies. You can also go loud  without fatigue.   + for pairing with E17.   Overall, quite immersive and impressive especially considering that its an open can.
 Oh ljokerl, Lord of IEMs, I am repentant about  not listening to you and ordering RBH EP2 anyway  , thinking that it might suit my sonic preferences better but as usual, each word you said above is so so true. I even EQed the upper mid range to see how its sound improves. You really have touched that elusive realm of objectivity while being still confined by our essential subjectivity. EP2's detail and clarity lags behind even UE 600 which I thought was clearly already a...
Meelectronics A161P.   It not underrated as such, Just not popular enough.   Still having trouble finding a bettter IEM ( even spending >200$ at times), have tried UE 600 vi, DBA 02 mkII, and RBH EP2.. Still missing A 161P ( quick bass, highly enjoyable mids, gentle treble ) and returning stuff.   Quest for an upgrade goes on.
 Interesting.... loudness on IEMs  I have used so far seemed to be proportional to their impedance. At 16 ohms ( A161p,UE 600 Vi) 60 to 70% volumes is loud enough for me. at 33 ohm ( stock Samsung buds) 90 to 100 % is needed for satisfactory output. DBA 2 at 43 ohm was not loud enough even at full volume . I concluded that GS3 can not handle anything above 32 ohms but may be there is more to it than that. Mic is not important for me too but play/pause/ next and previous...
 Thanks for responding. I did consider VC1000 but Impedance of 50 ohm kept me away ( also decided against GR01 , TDK BA 200  and GR07 BE for similar reasons ). I use my IEMs commuting with a GS3  and I don't use portable amp . After a bad experienced driving highly respected DBA-02 mkII, I am wary of anything above 20 ohm. I also made at least 1 button control a must feature recently since I want to " keep it my pants" during commute . So after spending too much time here,...
Hi, seems like MH1C modding is pretty popular here.   Can anybody please  confirm from personal experience if volume controls on MH1C will or will not work on Samsung galaxy s3 ?   Please answer for the good of mankind as a lot a people are interested in replacing the stock IEMs with better sounding ones like MH1C without losing much functionality .. there are not many options out there.   Makes my brain boil and heart ache .
 I think that you have a lot more discerning ears than me ( I did follow your earlier posts and 612 review). MA 900 is not perfect by any means but very close to it for me, hitting a sweet spot of price , comfort, SQ and more importantly sound signature that I like ( Have tried mid-fiers like Shure SRH 840, ATH- M50,  DT 990 pro, Pioneer MJ 591, IEMs like DBA-02 mk II, MEElectronics A161P, UE 600vi). I think its very important to understand your favorite sound signature...
I got my MA 900 a month ago for 239$ from Amazon, Using it with FiioE17. I bought it after watching Lachlan's review on youtube along with some research on head-fi of course.   My impressions,   It was less comfortable initially than I expected, had itchy ears because of ear pads  that settled in 2 days. I think its very lightweight but could still be uncomfortable for some. Given all the hype about ultimate comfort, I was expecting more .. so please give it a few...
 Well, that leaves me in no doubt about your recommendation as I indulge in this mental self pleasuring exercise called looking for a headphone on head-fi   GR07 BE still  among the options. Negs are slight bulk, 40 ohm impedance out of GS3 ( I am fed on 16 ohm and 13 ohm IEMs ), lack of inline controls etc... Still pondering.   As much as I am thrilled every time by response from Legendary Ijokerl, my quibbling goes on  Ruled out MDR 7550 a while ago for the reasons you...
     Thank you all for the helpful responses, I am looking into  GR07 BE and XBA- H3 and TDK BA-200MHA-750 has the dreaded  " slightly V shaped signature " in reviews... deal breaker... No prominent highs for me in foreseeable future. To give you an idea, my full size headphone is Sony MA 900 and I am  HD 650 aspirant....dark and warm signatures.. I am always fixated on mids/vocals  but am realizing the fun good bass can provide  and that I am very sensitive to sibilance (...