Posts by SeanDavid010

Just dropped the price on these by $20!   [Grados are SOLD!] For sale today, everyone, I have a pair of Grado sr80i in fantastic condition.  I've put maybe 10 hours on these, but I've decided to move on (and I also have a pair of sr60s that fill my Grado requirement nicely)  There is no box included, what you see is what you get, and they look sharp without any dings or marks.  $50 shipped anywhere in the CONUS, and I will take care of the PayPal fees.   I would...
So, I had a bunch of red/white and black/white checkered paracord in a drawer, a handful of Amphenol RCA plugs, and some free time on my hands.  The results were as follows:   My last running-whip weave that I did with an interconnect seemed (to me, anyways) to be better suited to Speaker cables, so I whipped up a set.  12 individual strands, and it came out beautifully:     Next up was a 3.5mm to RCA cable I had been intending to make for awhile.  4 strands...
At the Army Surplus store.  If you're looking for it online, I think they call it 'Type 1' paracord.
Ha!  Earlier this year my Sophomores worked on a project where they took an Edgar Allan Poe story and turned it into a play that they performed for the school.  That (plastic) severed hand is a prop left from The Tell-Tale Heart.  They brought in all these plastic body parts, and when it came time to dismember the old man, they stuffed plastic hands, feet, and a head under some loose floorboards.  They did the whole thing by candlelight, and it was really creepy.   In...
  Thanks, guys!  I have to say, though, it's not really work when you love teaching as much as I do.  Seriously, I can't imagine doing anything else.   And in an attempt to keep this thread on topic, I just tried to take one of those newfangled panoramic photos on my iPhone.  Here's my desk (and most of my classroom) with all my gear off to the right:          ...And in the interest of full disclosure, here's the other (messy) half of my desk:    
Wow, lots of replies! Thanks, and yes, this was my first time with DIY audio cables, and braiding (or weaving, as the case may be) but I did a lot of homework before I began.  I sheathed quite a bit of copper in #1 paracord, and made some test pieces of the braid with regular-sized (550) paracord to try and work out the finer details of the braid.  Here's one of my test pieces:       And then we moved on to durability testing:       He spent the better part of 2 days...
A couple of answers:   1.  CCK refers to the Apple Camera Connection Kit for the iPad.  It's basically just a 30-pin dock connector to USB adapter that allows you to run your iPad right into a USB DAC.  (For some DACs you need to run a powered USB hub between the iPad and the DAC.  This is the case with my Schiit Modi.)  Underneath my headphones is just my computer - a little Mac Mini.   2.  Since I teach high school, I have a prep hour in the middle of the day, so for 75...
Oh, that's simple: In real life I am huge and terrifying.Students do not touch my things. This is known.
I'm a teacher, and this is my desk in my classroom:       My iPad feeds the Schiit M&M stack via a CCK, which goes to my Sennheiser 598s.  The speakers are Paradigm Mini-Monitors.  The Darth Vader cross-stitch was a Christmas gift from my wife, and the fish's name is Terrence.  
I'm new to this whole 'DIY Cable' thing, but I decided to give it a try this past weekend.  I needed an interconnect to go between my Schiit Modi and my amplifier, and after browsing quite a few pages from this thread (I gave up after about 250) settled on the following:   I used 16 strands of solid copper that I sheathed individually with #1 paracord in both red and black (that part took the longest) and then weaved them together using a cross-whip weave style I...