Posts by cladane

Yes, nice price but I live in France.
Agree with the point of vue and I use an online dictionary to try to avoid misinterpretations. For HD800 drive I also bought the HDV600 which has a 43 ohms impedance output that Senn seems to prefer for their headphone and the SS amp HEADA from Aurorasound known for their VIDA phono preamp. But what comes out reading comments on the HD800 is that the best ever amp is the Manley Labs Classic Neo 300B. Had you the chance to verify it ? Regarding EC, how would you compare the...
I beg your pardon if you found I was unrespectfull and I want to let you know that I find your comments very instructive writing I was pleased to read your craze for the HD800 which I do like. I was convinced that OTL amps would suit more the HD800 impedance fluctuations relatives to frequencies but I understand that choosing the wright tubes and an OPT amp like the 4-45 I should get the contrary, speaking of soundstage which imports me more since I listen orchestral work...
Detailed comments #Lojay.   Reading your first comment I understand why you could prefer the 4-45 vs the Teton as point (b) could influence your judgement but point (a) comes undoubtedly from your own listening experience. Perhaps the difference with Minimus' feelings spotlighting the Teton rises from his feelings about OTL and Transformer Output technologies. OTL drives better the HD800 ??   Second comment is a surprise for me but I'm happy with it since I do like the...
Agree with the comments. Audiophiles have actually to be cautious where performance (as #Yoga says) sets and where starts 'style' (as per #up late).   Apple showed the way: devices as a piece of fashion. A&K have beautifully taken back per se the model. Highlight yourself through your gear.
I find it interesting your comments, Lojay and Minimus, comparing those two amps which creators compete at the same level in the Tubes production. I would pinpoint two points about what I get out of it.   First it is funny to talk about the EC 4-45 (Transformer Output) and the Teton (OTL) when we read the following Graig Uthus IW precisely concerning output transformers technical problems. One should have thought that the Teton would come out from Craig...
Yes 'Italian Black Magic' mixed with 'Italian High Fashion price'. I'm in the mood that part of those prices are in the box and special painting. Looking at how the prices have increased those past two years in the TOTL devices, headphones, cables, amps, DACs, technology is not the onliest cause. Manufacturers have understood that there are people willing to pay for fashioned products and Apple showed the way.   Anyway I'm looking at going to the Grenoble CanJam and...
Consider that this shoes box is priced €10000. Would suit a Louboutain pair.
Still in sale ??
Thank you El Cucuy for the feedback.   Since I read F Iacone review we organized with Casques&Headphones a contact with Viva and we will listen in France at the Egoista with great pleasure. Let's the Munich show lights be off.