Posts by cladane

Ok Pawel,I'm very interested to compare with the 445.And how do you compare in your system the Abyss and HD800 ?
Really no, I'm indeed not price focused. I myself own an HD800, LCD-X and EC Zana Deux which I'm happy with.But from what I heard I'm surprised to put the Abyss, SR009 and HD800 on the same league particularly on Classical but it is your taste.Let's ask Pawel his feelings.
I have only HQ classical files from Qobuz. On soundstage, instrument separation, sound spreading, bass depth, from what I heard, I would compare the HD800 and LCD-X but the Abyss with SR009 with appropriate amps and DACs. If you use let's say a Conductor you could tell that the Abyss could compare with the HD800 or LCD-X but use a TotalDAC Dual and those unrevealed sounds the TotalDAC will bring out will make you understand why you spent 6 times an HD800 for the Abyss.
Tried it with RP-030 (moded for Abyss) and RKV MKIII (OTL and impedancer outs) on a test with SR009 and LCD-X cans. I bought one LCD-X since the OTL out of the MKIII was appealing for me and I own an EC ZANA DEUX.
Very very surprising conclusion between HD800 and Abyss cans. First time read this one. Perhaps EC amps don't suit Abyss ?? I'm not even sure that Abyss is very well driven by tubes. I wonder if this technology wouldn't be more accurate with refined transistor amps. I'm thinking at the moded RudiStor RP-030 for example. Look more widely, US aren't the onliest amps makers.
Ok Pawel, should be really interesting to read your results. Comparing the Sun Audio (300B), the Souga and the 445 is a nice experiment. I would like to know what amp gives the Abyss the larger soundstage. I'm trying to understand if headphones can compete with speakers in the placement field, like being IN the concert room and not remaining at the door.
Read official Eddie Current 4-45 thread here page 9...
I just read that Craig is discontinuing the 445. Would it be because of technical issues ?
I'm surprised since I read very often that inserting an adapter would alter cans sound in some way. Would it be false??
Thank you Pawel. Tell me: What hell is the kondo souga ?? I have heard as possible amps about ECBA or RKV MKIII until now.