Posts by cladane

Hello, Thank you for the link. I new yet those details since Vincent posts a lot on the French forum : http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/source-dematerialisee-haute-fidelite-et-dac/dac-totaldac-t29963819.html We will keep in mind that he is a skillful engineer but also a talented seller. If you ask him if a Single DAC for an SE amp wouldn't be enough he will answer you that the Dual DAC is better.But it is true that he specialized in DAC technology when Viva are far more...
+1 with Romaz. I'm also a pipe organ fellow. Not TPO, which I knew nothing about and thank you FiftyKilo for the briefing.   I agree with you Romaz, that the 2A3 is a bit warm and remains very powerful with its 4W but you hit the point, at the demo I was able to compare TWO Abyss at the same time, one on the 2A3 and the other one on the 845, same sources. On the 2A3 try to drive an HD800 and PS1000e.   I let you judge by yourself on the same files you listened with...
Well, AssetUPNP does stream PC's sound to any UPNP renderer but it converts this output sound into a file. This isn't a data transfer from the streaming service.
Hello FiftyKilo,   What is Music of the TPO ?   But you own an Abyss and a Liquid Gold. It is not peanuts. You are yet a Lucky man with this kind of setup.   Yes, CDs are a very good support and now also. Of course the fact that AudioNote released a 240 000€ CD Player is only a commercial issue, not meaning that CD quality is always at the top.   I was just suggesting that CDs are not more the top in music reproduction. But having good CDs is very fine and...
As an Audiophile oriented mind, I don't understand what you want to do in the actual times with CDs.With top devices highly resolving (Accuphase A70 amp, TAD speakers, 3DLab Nano Transport), comparing CD and SACD players, there is no doubt left that CDs are not more at the level of SACDs speaking of sound details and even further away from HiRez files (24/92 Qobuz files). So my question is: Buying such a setup (Egoista + Abyss), why bothering about a CD player ?? Wouldn't...
The TotalDAC has a very very analogic sounding. Because I think of the resistors array converting the FPGA digital output. The trilogy TotalDAC-Egoista-Abyss is difficult to outdo actually. A 26kUSD tag.   The Numerico is surprisingly so good, at the level of a TotalDAC. Details, 3D, analogic. But better for CD owners, which I'm not. Priced like the TotalDAC.   This cable is a winner and quite cheap. Compares to cables up to $1000+. Well, don't know after that price...
From my own listening sessions I would say that the 430 could be compared to the Heada from Aurorasound. Good bargains, the Heada being more tubey.But not on the same league as the 845. Far far away.The 2A3, also a great amp. A bit warm. Not powerful enough for Abyss. Yggy ? Another DAC. A good bargain at the price. Nothing comparable with the TotalDAC. I like Preproman...
Ok for #ringo. You are right since he is going to add power amps. Just need a 40k ohms output impedance. About speakers out, Giampietro told me his brother was on it. But I'm not looking at this feature since the best solution is to have specific transformers for headphones and speakers. The problem is impedance (8ohms for speakers and 40 to 300 for headphones) which is variable according to the frequency for headphones. Moreover this Egoista will cost more and I own yet a...
Yes Viva will make the Egoista with speakers out. I have asked Giampietro and #ringo has ordered this configuration.Orange Lamborghini.Will test the Numerico after burning.
You need to consider that the Egoista outputs 15W with transformers specifically designed for headphones, not speakers.All headphones are very well driven. However I found the bass going very deep with the Abyss, impressive in Give my love to London. Then very nice driving the HD800 with the EC445. Also I would suggest to consider the Heada from Aurorasound. Ordered the Egoista, 2 months delay.