Posts by tjw321

+1 on all points. I kind of feel bad for my Havis lying neglected in the drawer ever since I got the Titans.
The manufacturer that got me into personal audio was Fiio. I had a Samsung S3 and a colleague suggested that I try an external DAC/Amp so I researched what devices would work with it and settled on a Fiio E7. Wow - what a difference. Before that I always thought that hi-fi was too expensive for me to get involved in because it was, back in the 70's when I first would have been interested. And now the poor E7 has been completely superseded.   My current favourites are my...
My favourite album to listen to with headphones is Amber Rubarth, Sessions From the 17th Ward, because the binaural makes you feel like you are right there, on-stage, with the musicians.
Noooo. I have the K702 and the HD600. Surely I'll never need to upgrade.... But more seriously, I'm very happy with my combo. Though I am thinking that I should try some planar magnetic 'phones soon 
Thankfully Head-fi has a "Block Member" functionality...
I have tiny ear canals and I find that I can't wear IEMs for my commute for more than a couple of days in a row before requiring a week of "headphone rest" to let my ear canals recover. And then I bought the Titans. Problem solved for me. YMMV, but I would suggest that they are worth a try. The sound quality is probably better than anything else I have ever tried as well - though I haven't tried a huge range of IEMs for obvious reasons. And I definitely have never tried...
Actually, things improved a few months ago. The UK dealer is http://www.electromod.co.uk/schiit-audio/ and, although their prices were pounds for dollars a while back, they aren't too bad now. Worth checking, anyway.
Yes. Higher is better. 01 to 07 is labelled as bad, 08 to 13 as transition, and 14 to 20 as good.
Is there a UI solution which'll require less than (or not much more than) 3 or 4 clicks to get to where you need to be with a collection like yours? I can't think of one without adding a lot more buttons. Even with a scrollable touch-screen it would take a good few swipes to get to where you want. Or would that count as a single interaction? The only solution I can think of for such a collection would be to make each folder smaller, thereby increasing the depth of your...
If you are starting from scratch, with no organisation at all, then Picard might be best for you:https://picard.musicbrainz.org/ This scans the files and works out for itself which album they belong to etc. Other taggers are probably faster and/or better in other ways, but will require a bit more help to identify songs correctly.