Posts by tjw321

I'm off to the Cambridge Head-fi meet-up this weekend. Any Labsters going?
Yes, I have to admit, it is pretty good. Thanks.  But I really wanted those AKG K7XXs, and Massdrop wouldn't ship them to the UK . The "upgraditis" was strong and my resistance was enforced. 
I'm jealous  This is my AKG K702s, my X3 "Classic", and a Leckerton UHA-6S.mk2 fed via Coax. My O2 has already appeared in B.A.L.L.S. mk I. An X3->O2->AKG combo has been on my "menu" as well, at times. I'm tempted by the X3ii but I may hold out for the X5ii, and I missed the brief period that the K7XXs were being shipped abroad. One day I may get to try them...
Only because I wanted the option to use it elsewhere (e.g. my phone) if I wanted. Everything I've read suggests that the I2C route is superior if it's going to be dedicated to the Pi, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of I2C DACs.
How about collecting recommended presets for the various X* models and 'phones somewhere in the Wiki?: http://www.head-fi.org/a/the-great-fiio-dap-faq-wiki
It worked for me with some other Sennheiser bluetooth headphones. I used 40 which iIRC is the proposed starting value in the article. I didn't need to go any higher. But I'm not using any other bluetooth devices. Here are all my settings: $ defaults read com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent{    "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" = 64;    "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" = 40;    "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" = 30;    "Stream - Flush Ring on Packet Drop (editable)" = 0;    "Stream...
Pretty much exactly my thought process. Now I'm looking forward to the X52G 
I've been a bit negative about the DGS100 in the past (because i "couldn't get past the mid-bass"), but I've since discovered that they really don't pair well with the Fiio X3 (to my ears - YMMV) - my usual source. I also listen to a pocket DAB radio sometimes, and they are great with that, and with my Clip - in fact with almost everything I've got.....except the X3. 
It's this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OBB0F0E As it says in the description - "it's a no nonsense case". I.e., very basic. But it does the job, and matches the NX2 pretty well (except it's glossy).