Posts by woktrr1919

It sounds like you're wanting some pretty bass-heavy stuff but don't want to sacrifice too much clarity. For IEM's, I'd say try the Futuresonics Atrio MG7. They easily have the strongest bass out of any iem I've heard (and I've heard most of them.)    Full size... I'd either try the Audio Technica M50 or one of Klipsch's on ear models. Unfortunately, you're either going to sacrifice some bass, or some clarity. 
You're wanting more bass? The SE215 is already Shures most bass heavy model. 
I've not heard the EX1000, but I do know that it has a similar-style driver to the Vsonic GR07 and the GR07 definitely has a spacious/airy quality to it in my opinion. 
  The W3 treble is not more extended than the W4, it just has a louder spike hence the sibilance problem so many users report. The W4 treble can reach higher, but it's not as peaky as the W3 and therefore sounds much more neutral & less fatiguing.    Personally, the UM3X just sounded thick & boring. Great mids & instrument separation, but the bass felt a bit bloated (like the w3) and the treble seemed to roll off much like the original SE530. W4 bass isn't as loud as the...
GR06 is much better than the SE215 in my opinion. They're more comfortable, have a cleaner sound, and are cheaper. 
I wish they'd re-release the Death Magnetic album. It's a real shame that an album with so many good songs was mastered so poorly. 
When I think "Ferrari," I picture the AKG K3003. But obviously it's outside the budget.    Next choice would be the W4R. Maybe not a "Ferrari," but it's at least a Chevy Corvette. :)
SE215. I think it's pretty difficult to break those things. 
I've found that my DT990 (250 ohm) always sounded great with the Fiio E9, and even the E7 by itself didn't sound half bad. 
Hey all,   I'm a bit of a newbie to tube amps, and am trying to get as educated as possible on all aspects of the technology. One thing that has me a bit confused is purchasing replacement tubes to roll. More specifically, the topic of NOS tubes (new old stock I believe?)   My understanding is that NOS tubes are tubes that were built several decades ago that are no longer in production, but were never used. In my search for some backup 6AK5 preamp tubes, it seems...