Posts by Pojosamaneo

I hope they are from the X specifically. Odd that this would be the only place that sells them. Thanks, though! Think I'm going to order them today. I have another question: my headband is starting to peel on the bottom. What would be good to line the bottom of the headphone with to prevent this? I'd imagine either something like felt with very light adhesive, or maybe wrap the entire band with something.
Quick question, didn't see the answer anywhere.   Do the M50x pads fit on the M50? Is there anywhere I can buy the new pads specifically?   Thanks.
Well I got the components in, and...the knob doesn't alter the volume much. Very, very small changes.   I want an external knob that can turn the volume down completely. Any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Grevlin:   It'll sound great. I recently upgraded from a Creative USB Sound Blaster DAC/Amp (< $100, closer to $80 when I bought it) to an ODAC + O2 ($300), which is supposed to be unquestionably superior. It's really not that much better. I use an ATH-M50 and HD 650.   I find that as long as the DAC is dead quiet and your headphones get loud enough (which the M50s most certainly will), you're good. I'm completely done upgrading my audio now, and I'm confident...
So just to make sure I'm getting this right before I buy the knob and cables: These are connected via the TRS input to the left/right RCA out on this (fiio D3): I use the optical in on this to connect to the optical out on my plasma. This all works so far, but I can't adjust the volume easily.   So if I purchased this...
  Ok, that's looking more like it.   So if I understand correctly, I'd use the XLR input on my monitors to plug into the RCA on this device (using two of something like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10244&cs_id=1024404&p_id=4777&seq=1&format=2)? What are the other two RCA plugs for (I'm guessing one set is an input and the other is an output)? Would using this for the XLR inputs mean I'd be unable to hook a subwoofer to the...
Can't find anything on eBay, unless I don't know what I'm looking at. That would be great, though. Everything I've seen so far as a possible solution has been too expensive.
I have a Panasonic Plasma (only audio out is SPDIF) connected to a fiio D3 DAC via the SPDIF. Attached to the RCA out on the fiio are two M-Audio BX5a monitors. I want to know the cheapest way to control the sound without having to adjust it from the back of the monitor, via a knob or remote or something.   The BX5a has two XLR ports on the back that I'm not using, if that helps.   Preferably, I'd like it to be wireless. Doing some research, I came across this...