Posts by DannyB

At one point I counted about 45 in attendance which included head-fiers and their guests.    All in all it was a great meet and kudos to the organizers Josh and Alex. Also, a special thank you to the vendors mentioned above for their effort in joining us.    I wonder when the next one will be. 
If the above link does not work try:    http://www.head-fi.org/t/715260/charlotte-nc-meet-april-19-2014-meet-impressions
Delete pease.
If it takes 12Ax7s, 12Au7s, 12AT7s, or 6DJ8s I've got you covered with several extra pairs of each. Just look for me in the AM during set up time. 
"Danny you have any quads of the Mullard XF1 or 2, if so you have been holding out on me"   Yes, I have been holding out on you. I may actually have two quads of XF1s but they cost a boat load. Are you sure you want me to bring them along for you to try? You may not be able to resist after you hear the Holy Grail of EL34s. I may only have 3 XF2s but I will check further to see if I have the fourth.
In that family I will have some Amperex Bugle Boys, Amperex orange globes, Amperex 6922s, very rareTelefunkens, and ultra rare Siemens E188CC/7308. I'll see if I have any others to bring along for some fun. 
If anyone is interested, I may be able to bring some extra tubes that I am no longer using, or have never used (NOS), to sell/trade or whatever. Several of these include Mullard XF 1 and 2s, RCA, Tesla EL34s and other tube types and brands such as Telefunken, Amperex Bugle Boys, RCAs, Sylvania, TungSol, Siemens, Hallicrafters, among others.    As far as trading, I do not accept young children for trade although I understand. Really nice girlfriends may be a different...
On second thought I don't think I can come up with seven 6SN7 tubes of the same type. However, I will take a look in my little stash .
I don't have much in 6SN7s but can bring a few for you to roll. Too bad you can't use 6SL7s: I have a bunch of those.
It will be great to have you and your cousin join us. The two of you represent the future of this hobby and I, for one, enjoy passing along whatever information and experience I have gained over the years. I think several others in the group think the same way. The two of you are more than welcomed to be part of our gathering and appreciate the effort you will be making with the distance you will be traveling.