Posts by framos917

Sounds good, I will be getting the speakers this weekend. Then I need to spend some time enjoying them and researching these articles.  It seems I get something, enjoy it, look for improvement, save up some money and go to the next step. I started by just buying new headphones for my MP3 Player, now here I am. I do not change volume much at all on desktop speakers. I rarely touch it. I do have foobar. I used "Exact Audio Copy" to rip all my cd collection to Flac. I...
I hear you. I have been doing things incrementally, as I have so much to learn. I will be getting the speakers. Listen to them for awhile, enjoy them, continue to study DAC's and on to the next step. It is fun and all good. This thread sure gave me a lot of new information that I need to study for a bit.
Thank you Roseval, I just went to your web site. Looking forward to spending some time there.
Thanks for the article, most appreciated and greatly needed on my part.
Thanks Fishyee, I appreciate your assistance and the recommended articles. Contemporary Jazz and Classical music. Classical more on the Chamber and Spanish Guitar side, very little orchestra. I am particularly enjoying when the Jazz musicians do classical, like Chris Botti and Marsalis Brothers. I do like the punchy bass but only enough so I can tell both the percussion and the bass is setting the beat. Do not like overpowering bass. Some of the more...
Thanks Fishyee, your input came at a very good time. Mr. DonaldRumsfeld's advice helped me in adjusting my goals. For my needs (desktop computer listening) I don't need a sub. When I adjusted that thinking, I did start looking harder at my sound chain. As I see it, it is flac files on computer, to an interface or DAC, to powered speakers. I then started to look more critically at this since I have taken a sub out of my equation.   Ironically, I am starting to consider...
That was also informative and very similar to the way I seem to be going with computer audio.   Years back when I started my interest in stereo equipment I never saw the reason for sub woofers, considering the music I liked. I played my music on many of my friends' systems that included a sub woofer and found I did not enjoy it as much. It was only when I started to upgrade to  movies and 5.1 that I did get into the sub woofers for the music effect. In the last few...
Thanks Ronald, most helpful and informative.   Your reply came at a good time, it reinforced my decision on the 305 and no sub.   I recently went on the  web site pro audio star, to price the speakers. They had the av40 for US149 and 305 for US300, almost dead on to the English Pound price. I got into a chat on the web site with their rep who was helpful. After I talked to him about my goals  and music taste he said he didn't think I needed a sub. So I did a little...
I have recently wanted to improve my computer listening experience. All my experience has been with listening to music thru my stereo and home theater equipment. I joined this forum about 2 years ago and received good advice on headphones and digital audio players. This found me creating more FLAC files on my laptop and now I want to improve my listening on my laptop. I have a Lenovo laptop on my desk in my home office. I have some very old Bose MediaMates that I bought to...
Bump, I am looking for a solution to this also. I have the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 7.0. There must be a decent DAC in it as I listen to FLAC files using the headphone jack to a Fiio e11 and then to my Sennheiser and Bererdynamic headphones and it is a good sound.