Posts by EDWARIS

read the thread - and still wonder and have no answer - what dac/amp combo for Fostex th900 should I buy - Fostex HP-F8 or Burson Conductor SL. Could someone write advantages and disadvantages of these options with th900? Thank you!
sorry, can't understand your idea. what does grooving means in your context? dictionaries can't help...
can I ask here - what are the best headphones which it can work well without additional portable amp? maybe some list which are the best phones for AK?
hi everyone! I'm going to buy LCD-3. Thinking about DAC and Amp. If it would be PWD MkII and EC Balanced Act - would it be great combination? is it possible to buy something better for this money (10k for all)?
  Am I understand right that Wa22 + balanced cable approx equal in price with Wa5le with stock tubes and stock cable and the last option would be better choice in general? And that the updating tubes in future is better investments than upgrading cables?
you also wrote: CABLE: The HD800's stock cable is a very finely-crafted cable. However, it is also user-removable. This makes installing an aftermarket cable a cinch.   Do you ever tried other aftermarket cables for HD800 and does it make any sense to buy them? maybe something particular?
  Neo is out of my budget - but I'm thinking about balanced WA22 and single WA5-LE. Do the last would be significantly better for the extra costs for HD800? You wrote you have WA5 - how do you feel it with Sennheiser? And how is importante to upgrade to better tubes - or the installed ones are good enough?
I have about 1,8 TB of FLACs and about 1 TB of ALACs in my old collection. Generally it should be more than 100k compositions, but a lot of them are duplicated or even has 4-5-6 versions. So in reality is much less. About 2/3 of this I estimate I never heard yet. I'm going to make some order and simplify my collection, eliminate duplicated things and delete all I'm not going to listen in the next 5 years.   I have 3 big blocks of music which divided for 7 genres each...
  Thank you for answer! I think I can spend 1-3k - depends on time when to buy. My problem is I can't find anything you mention or often mentioned at this web site in my country. Nothing is available here - no SPL, no Manley, no Ray, no DNA, Headroom or Woo ect! I think I can order something from US up 1,3k USD - it's a custom waterline - more expensive package can lead to a lot of custom problems.  Maybe it's better to order amp and tubes separately. When I chose...
What a great job!!! The best, most detailed and most complete headphones review I've ever read. Can I ask a question? Maybe someone asked here before - but haven't time to read everything. You said HD800 require very careful choice of amp. What do you suggest and what worked best for you? I've just bought Sennheiser a couple days ago and now try them at my old Perreaux sxh2 on my desktop. But thinking for upgrade for another room in the future. What would be the best...