Posts by ukon16

Tuscan milk is god. High end scotch proves old men like blowing money.....I like nicer alcohol but It's made to get you crunked not "taste smooth and joyous".   However, I once was invited to try a Chinese dude's "moonshine" baiju recipe he recently created in a small, remote tibetan border town at 1 am in the morning(he completed his masterpiece and ran to the local hotel/hostel to share it).    For garage Baiju....jesus christ....the greatest acohol I EVER tasted and...
Scent based foods are even more laughable than audio for placebo effects.   Wine experts strike me as being worse than high end cable sellers IMO. Nobody would debate the difference between a high end drink of any other type in terms of quality such as beer or milk.....but only in wine do you see the crazy obscene prices and prestige.
  Here's a graph everyone can understand  
  As a Nightlife photog, that was kinda of my job.....if you get a chance, try that on Koreans or Japanese: fun times.
    Yep, I wonder if this cable nonsense started in stores..... "that guy works for an audio store, he must be like...an audio genius or engineer!"   Reminds me of the Lens protectors debate in Cameras. Stores push lens protection filters becuase of insane Profit margin.   Pros and smarter amatuers point out the stupidity of putting a $25-$100 piece of glass to put over a $500-$1000+ piece of glass to "protect" it.   Meanwhile, the included Lens hoods(actually improves...
Only if they look awesome
DIY win-win   Buy a decent pair of broken headphones off ebay and fix them!
  It's moreso the fact you want buy "improvements" like a new DAC and amp. Everybody is pointing out you should save your money and get something new in the $100-$150 range if you want "better".   The Koss ain't bad but your only $50-$100 away from "awesome" instead of "nice".
Save money and get better cans.   Those cans probaly wouldn't benefit much from an amp at all.   Your basically asking if racing tires and spoilers will "improve" your rusted out, 1992 Honda Civic.   Amps, DACs and cables(especially!!!) are very over-rated and exaggerated in audio;  Better SQ comes from better cans/speakers/IEMs.   Most onboard motherboard DACs are OK at best....I suppose you could get a DIY dac kit for $30 off ebay or a used Xonar card...
So I had a few job interviews with a company that needs me to be the I.T. superman of nearly everything in 8 businesses including a call center.   I've messed around with VoIP for business  & fun purposes on a minor scale and know my way around audio codecs..but.... I never did the full blown call center environment. I have a 3rd follow up call worried I'll get some VoIP curve balls thrown at me:   They're buying new Equipment as well   Headphones with mic...