Posts by MartWilliams

Thanks Cakensaur, yes, I now have the Voyager. I'm pretty pleased with it so far, previous owner claimed it had only had about 10 hours use, so if that's correct I've got some way to go before it's burnt in. The size of the E11 would have been great but I hope the voyager is a step up in terms of sound quality? What are flats? Headphone pads? I did buy the pads from the next model up, the cups I think - less comfy but with no foam in the middle.
Now have a Voyager ordered, nearly new off ebay, looking forward to hearing how it sounds with my Grados!  
LOL Nixon Think I'm going to try and get my hands on a Graham Slee Voyager and see how that sounds.... Might take a punt on one of those little dac's at some point, they are cheap enough...
Thanks guys, some food for thought there. Nixon, I think I did read all the way through that thread, lol good read though. My problem is a bit that as a newbie and having read through a lot on this forum over the last few days I'm having to take in a lot of new information and terminology... Shame there are any shops that I know of locally (Midlands, UK) that I could pop along to and try different amps/dacs and see which are worth spending money on for me. Will...
I'm beginning to think what I actually want most might be just the amp, the DAC in the Note 2 is supposed to be ok, on a par nearly with the iphone 4? So am I right in thinking that if I'm after the more fuller and impressive sound, richer, more controlled, better bass, that what I want is an amp? If that's correct, what are the best options, definitely below £200, preferably nearer to £100? Has to be portable.   Thanks again.   Mart  
Hi all. I've been plowing through these forums for the last few days and largely as a result of what I've read here and after testing a few headphones bought a pair of Grado SR80i's to play on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Now while I am very pleased with what I am hearing (being a non audiophile really - but moving in that direction) I know these headphones can sound a lot better, as they do even through my Onkyo AV amp. So I'm looking at portable DACs/amps now in a...