Posts by ematthews

NO one out here has any suggestions?
I guess I am going to need a better source amp for my Beyerdynamic T1's.. Gear   Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA Emotiva ERC-2 Emotiva XDA-1   Marantz PM8004   I USE THIS MOST connect right to the headphone out. I have found it sounds better than my two headphone amps below.   Headphone amps. Bellari HA540 JDS Labs O2      Here is the new test. I just got some Audio Technica ATH M50   Hooked up to my Marantz PM8004 headphone...
Need to get a closed back headphone.. My T1's leaking sound is not cool when my wife is watching TV. Now my issue is since I spent so much on myT1 I have a very little budget. Can anyone suggest a good closed back can? I know it won't come close but all I can think of is the At ATH-M50 or the BEyer 770.
For sale . These have been used about 3 or four times. Less than a hour play time on them. Great sound but I just prefer my Beyer T1's. I am looking to sell for $525.00 even, with new G cushion pads. Purchased from Authorized Grado dealer... Buy with confidence. I sell a lot on ebay under user sigmonvonmunich.. I also have sold a few high dollar watches on watchuseek under the same user name as here. Let me know if you have any questions. Will ship UPS to all 50 States...
Since no one chimed in if you can up your budget get the Grado PS500...
I have tried the JDSLabs o2 amp. Bellari HA540 and my Marantz pm 8004. Will I have to spend another grand and get the Soloist amp for the T1 to sound it's best?
As the title says the Grado's are better.. I have had both now for a few weeks and listened to them on a few different amps and source material.. I thought the Beyer's were going to e it for me but the Grado's are just more full, have a bigger sound and just hit hard in the bass. Guitars of course are just insane as well.. Comfort wise the Beyer's hit the mark. The Grado's get hot and itchy to me... I can't believe it.. Just thought the Beyer would be tops...
Just an update. Got the Beyer T1 and love them. They are perfect for any type of music... I still like my Grado PS500 for heavy rock however.
Thanks everyone.
I have not done any testing what so ever besides just listening to CD tracks. The headphone amps are connected from a line out on my Emotiva USP-1 pre amp. My Emotiva CD player is hood up to it. This is an all Emotiva system. I have not hooked the headphone amps up to the Marantz gear, as it didn't need it.   Maybe I shouldn't say better.. I should say sounds more full. Or with more headroom... Or maybe just more fun which wouldn't make it better, just better for my...