or Connect

Posts by ematthews

Any imput on these two cans? I'm looking at spending around 500 and want a really clean sound. More so than my Senn HD 650.
Still up for sale? How many hours have these been used?
I had both a while back. I can not remember the sound but I think I preferred the 880 600ohm version better than the T90. If memory serves me right, the T90 was a little more harsh in the upper treble range. This was at least 3 years ago when I was going through a lot of headphones to see what I wanted. My problem is I sold off all my headphone since I didn't use them much as I rebuilt my Hifi system and was always listening to my tower speakers.. And now I need some...
That would be nice to be able to pick up the Beyer 880 at that price point if it gives me a little more top and bottom. I like the build and fit of Beyerdynamics.
I thought about the T90. I can stretch it a little if I had too. I do hear the T90 can get a little shrill in the upper register.
Would like to keep it under 600.
Yep. But the X2 has recessed mids which I didn't care for.. Although I might give them another try now that I have the HD650 back in the house.
Any suggestions on a headphone that has highs with a little more sparkle on the top end and the lows with more bas punch/impact than the SennHD650? Beyer 880 Beyer 990   I love the mids on the HD650 but the other ends of the spectrum need addressing for me.
THANKS. I just got the new Steven Wilson limited pack on his new CD that just came out. It's exceptional. As for source material. I have all that covered. I have some really higher end equipment. Bought it when I was making some good money. Now that I need some new headphones the budget isn't what it used to be. If it were than I would get another set of Beyer T1's.
I owned the HD650 before and they were my 2nd most comfortable can just after the Beyer T1. It's been a while however since having both of them.The AKG required me wearing a beanie hat just to fit... Ha... I am just getting back into headphones, so I know I will own more than a few. Let's just hope my income can pick up.