or Connect

Posts by ematthews

The sound is completely different. The HD650 are great and the mids are better. I however don't like the top smoky sound to the HD650. The top end is more clear on the X2. I hear a V sound on the X2. The mids are almost two recessed. The overall sound was more enjoyable on the X2 to me. I would own both but don't listen to headphones that much. Now I did think the HD700 was better than both of these. But way more expensive too.
Nothing except for extended low notes. And it's almost a third less money. I loved the sound of the HD700. In fact I thought it was close to my Ribbon Tower speakers in the mids and highs. Just couldn't justify the price over the X2. I only use headphones if I have too anyways.
I did the same thing. I owned the HD700 and HD650. Sold both after I got the X2... Love them for everything except they are a little large for me. Wish they fit like the Senn.. I will most likely end up getting a pair of HD600 However.
You know. I am loving the sound of mine but hate the fact that my ear touches the inside of the right cup. The ear cups are very shallow on these. I want to love them but this bugs me and I keep messing with it while it's on. Any suggestions??
Hey everyone. I just picked up another set of the X2's. I am comparing them to my HD700. Will the bass on the X2's tighten up a little with time? I find these to be really good cans the second time around. They match the HD700 in detail... Well almost. My only concern is the bass is a little sloppy. Take in consideration I have less than an hour on these and the 700's have about about 10 hours..
I think the tone of these sound better for my taste. The instrument seperation is so good on these. I can't knock the T1's however. I would have to do a sided by side to look at the clear winner. I can say the T1 was more comfortable to me as the HD700 seems big on me. I think maybe the HD700 is just more engaging to me. 
I just picked up the HD700. What a wonderful set of headphones. I have owned the Beyer T1 and these are better.. I am really impressed with the detail. So balanced.
It does sound good. Nice and clear.
I am a previous owner of the Grado PS500.  It's been a few years however, but I just picked up the new PS500e.. I think I may have gotten a bad set... Or at least I hope. They are very congested and buzzy... On bass guitar notes they seem to get in the way of themselves.. I remember my old PS500 version was so clean and clear.. Any comments here on owners.. Not a big deal to exchange them as I bought them from a good online retailer.
Anyone here use a Parasound ZDAC v2 for their DAC and headphone amp?.. One was given to me and is in the mail. I know they make great products in the Hifi world. Just wanted some feedback before I get it.