or Connect

Posts by ematthews

I think they are an excellent headphone. They sound closer to my Ascend RAAL towers than any other headphone I have tried. And if you haven't heard of the RAAL ribbon tweeters on Ascend Acoustics speakers, you don't know what you are missing.
How can Amazon sell these so cheap? $543.00 is an outstanding price for these. I love the sound of them and just picked up a pair after selling mine a few months back. Should have never let them go but now I got some at a 200 savings.
Have you ever tried the Senn HD700? I sold mine but am looking to pick up another pair. They are a better X2 in the mids. Very good sounding headphone... I am keeping my X2 since they are a bargin and the BASS is very good.
You are about spot on and the reason I picked up the HD600... But I do enjoy these X2's a lot. They are the more FUN can.
It's not more revealing than the HD600. I would consider it Hifi and I come from that area but dip into Headphones a little.
I just picked up the HD600 Yesterday and own the X2 as well. I think they are completely different sounding. Both are good. HD600 has better mids and a smooth top but lacks the low end of the X2. I think they have a spot for different types of music. I listen to a lot of progressive rock so the HD600 may work better for me in the long run. I however will keep both.
Just picked up a set of Senn HD600 new for super cheap. I couldn't resist. I have only been using my Philips X2 and NAD cans for the last month. Both are wonderful. Just got done playing a bunch of tracks on the Senn HD600 for the last few hours. These are great too but could use a touch more in the bass department. What if anything has anyone noticed with burn in time on the HD600's? Anything in the lows? Do they open up a bit? Thanks
Yes the NAD are a little warmer but I think it's because it's a closed can. The X2 has a bigger soundstage and I think is the better headphone. I however only use the NAD with my portable devices. I love both. I am sold on both and will keep them. I will however still look for one more set of headphones to add to the two.
 NAD Visio.. I just picked up a pair and they are great.
DT880 is NOT flat... They sparkle in the high end. I owned the T1 at one time and they are not as bright as the DT880. The X2 has a great upper end and lower end.