Posts by Phoenix Jackson

Beats and blah and blah are just too commonly known as the brand to get, and not many are aware of hifi names.  That doesn't bother me at all.  But it also feels nice when once in a while, someone makes me feel I'm not alone.   A lot of things played in my mind while I was eating at McDonalds, there were two dudes staring at me for uncomfortably long periods.  I thought: Maybe I look familiar or remind them of someone else. Maybe I look weird. Maybe I'm...
They were both sleeping but the other person heard my phone's camera clicks.  Stupid noisy camera app.
Lol I just came from my long bus rides. This guy got weird and had his eyes fixed on my DT770. Then he brought out his own phones...
Thanks guys.  I already have DT770 Pro 250OHM and quite happy with it with or without my Fiio amp (using J3).  Just that COP was my very top candidate for months until I couldn't wait for its availability here.  I guess I should stop looking at it now. 
Just a question to those who have had this one.  I've been dying to have this as my first headphones before but I couldn't wait for it to arrive in my country.  But now that it just did... Considering DT770 Pro at $280 is acceptable, is COP at $320 an acceptable price for what it serves?
  Decided my first cans would be DT770 Pro 250Ohm with Fiio E17.  Came a day after the oder (impressed).  Returned 'cause they sent me the 80Ohm one (unimpressed).  Weekend with no headphone and Monday came, had to call back to threaten them to send my cans immediately.  Monday afternoon, couldn't wait, bought ATH-M50 LE off of Craigslist.  Monday evening, happy.  Wednesday afternoon, DT770 Pro 250Ohm arrived.  Happy. Oh, yes!  The only thing I didn't audition was K550...
Found some of them from the threads I read recently.   punk15's Brainwavz HM5 with woody cups:     Senpai3330's CAL! painted
Some modify their headphones to change/enhance the sonic characteristics.  On some threads, some pictures of headphones were aesthetically changed as well.  Some changed the cups from plastic to wood.  Some use nail polish.  I assume the lot of headfiers don't mind the looks of a headphone as comfort and sound quality is at top priority.  Understandably, some headphones are just made beautifully by default (there's a thread about this).  But I was hoping some of you have...
Oh!  I remember when I asked my boss to order me my headphone.   Boss:  Wha... what?  Wh... why are these so expensive? Me:  These are different from just an ordinary earphone. Boss:  You can get your girl some other cheaper and more impressive stuff. Me:  Sir, it's not for anyone else but me. Boss:  B-but why? Me:  *Smile ("You'll see when I get them" I thought). Boss:  Oh, well.  It's your money.   He inspected the item himself before relinquishing...
I don't know how seasoned headfiers would react to such responses, but I surely do not like bashing.  Giving negative facts or opinions, flat out, is one thing.  Colorizing their words just to give emphasis on their opinions make me doubt their credibility.  That's how I judge.   The glossary says: Dark - A tonal balance that tilts downwards with increasing frequency. Opposite of bright. Weak high frequencies. That kind of contradicts (I think) what you're...