Posts by element72

They're not that different are they? My friend asked me that same question last night. I told him go for the U3 because its portable. 
Should I use daniel_k's unofficial drivers for my Titanium HD?
What do you mean by when you say they have equal surround potential? Are saying they sound similar? 
Took me all day yesterday trying to figure out how to install and use ALchemy. The only way I could successfully install it was using the cd that came with my titanium HD. The latest version came out 2 months ago i think. I can't install that because I keep getting that weird error that supported device is not detected.   What settings should I use for ALchemy when trying out the RightMark 3DSound Positional Accuracy test?
I recently discovered this thread. If I were to use a desktop amp such as the magni or fiio e9k, then is the section, "Method for using sound card as DSP to output to any audio device," exactly what I should follow if I were to use the optical out on my titanium HD?
I just got the xonar U3. I'm not sure what settings ppl play for the best positional cues. Let me know what to tryout or what's best for you on dolby headphone. I have audio channel set to 8 (recommended by Asus for 3D games), gaming mode set (this enables dolby headphone and DH-2; there is also option DH-1 and DH-3).    Again the settings I'm using are audio channel 8, gaming mode preset, and "headphone" in game. I'm currently playing left 4 dead 2. I just wish...
I just got the xonar U3. I'm not sure what settings ppl play for the best positional cues. Let me know what to tryout or what's best for you on dolby headphone. I have audio channel set to 8 (recommended by Asus for 3D games), gaming mode set (this enables dolby headphone and DH-2; there is also option DH-1 and DH-3).    Again the settings I'm using are audio channel 8, gaming mode preset, and "headphone" in game. I'm currently playing left 4 dead 2. As of now I'm...
Used the zalman mic myself. There is no shielding.. meaning if the wire rubs against anything it creates muffled random noises from the rubbing. I used it myself and preferred the logitech desktop mic. It gets the job done without having any extra wires attached to me :) I hear ppl recommend the antlion mic. Its a simple mod you attach to your headphones.
Your exactly right; I am mostly concerned with PC support. I'll figure out what to do with my Wii (not wii u) later. I plan to buy the Xonar U3 right now and compare DH to CMSS-3D today using my HD555. Once I figure out which one I prefer, should I just go for the cheapest desktop amp to go with my Q701? I'm looking at the schiit magni, fiio e9k, and fiio e9.    Thanks for your previous post. It was VERY hlpeful. 
I just want to clarify, you hooked up the mixamp to the PC via usb? In terms of sound quality, is that any different from hooking up the Titanium HD to the amp via optical cable? That was my original plan; using the mixamp to tryout dolby headphone, while at the same time getting the power I need for my Q701. Please let me know if I should not go that route.   As you suggested,  I am now considering a desktop amp and a new sound card. I don't want to spend much, and I...