Posts by AmberOzL

I tried 2 things so far. Being a poor master student who purchased SE5way, I don't have a high end player. Clip+ w/RB, iPod Classic latest generation w/RB. Apart from these units I tried my friends very expensive daps too but it was just a demo not long time listening section so it wouldn't be fair to make a comment for them. Obviously I will say PAW Gold and HM901 sound better but you would expect it against Clip+ and IPC. As for the source matching, I wouldn't go so far...
SE5way has 113 or 133 impedance (can't remember the exact number now but it is high compared to the most of the market) and it extends to 20k.. Probably one of the a few multi BA based c/iems that can do that. I for myself can't hear 20k but it is probably my hearing problem but I remember tupac saying he can hear 19k or something. Also FR graphs of SE5way shows (if the unit functions properly) it reaches to 20k. To me it doesn't matter that much that it reaches to 20k...
I wonder whether they will do the same mistake in much more expensive ZX2.
Interesting. So you prefer fancy but slow UI over responsive quick but basic UI?   I myself prefer QA360's UI over those. The device works at lightning speed and there is not a single lag. Opening and closing is literally less than a second.   I don't want to get fancy looking stuff but it will give me cancer when I want to play around.   Though probably I am weird, I can't understand the album art fetish either. You "listen" to music not look at it.
Thanks for the correction I don't know German but I was trying to say he has huge ear canals. As for the PAW 5000, it will be around DX90/X5 price level apparently. So don't expect anything godly like PAW Gold but I bet Lotoo will make it quite a good value in its price range.
 Nah mate, I doubt it That guy has an ear cave, you and me like normal people have ear canals only Btw, he is collecting quite good ciems nowadays. I seen his NT6, beautifully built and nice looking. Tried to listen to it, almost end up in the hospital it was like his ciems were raping my ear (ok I was joking about hospital but you got my meaning) Mind you my ears are not small either, I can have SE5way so it is at least average in size if not bigger.
I would say neutral but definitely not flat, if it is flat I know nothing about audio. I would call it like SE5way of daps > neutral, rich, organic, slightly warm, excellent extension in both parts of spectrum, beyond this world resolution and black background. Though, if you are ok with M it is up to you of course, I just wanted to share my knowledge about it since it is not very popular dap in head-fi due to its price and low availability.
4.45 is pretty much unacceptable to me unfortunately. If you have the cash, try PAW Gold. BEST EVER dap I heard up to this date. It has a slightly warm signature with the just beyond this world black background and resolution. Might pair quite nicely with H8P. It pairs perfectly with my SE5way, both has very silent and black background. When you listen to the combo you feel like you are in the music you are not a listener. Everything feels so real. The combo can sound...
Seems like wonderful times with M1 is ahead of you mate I hope it will just get better from here.
How is the battery life? I read some horrible things about it back then?(I still pursue the conversation mainly because it seems like M is a very good match for a Custom Art equipment, H8P)