Posts by thekruser

Showed my he 400s from my schiit stack to a friend "If I had the money I would buy those right now."
If I get this combo what cables will I need to buy separately from them I am a little confused with that. I have read reviews that say you need to buy some cables of your own but i have no idea which ones.   thanks
hey thanks for the feed back I am seeing that there was some different opinions on the schiit stack and the HE-400. Does anyone know how the maverick audio tubemagic D1 would sound with the HE-400s or if there is a better amp/dac (combo or stand alone)  for them in the $200 price range I am open to any suggestions. Also how much of a difference will I hear from one of the $200 amp/dac from the fiio e10 which I am thinking about also if the difference will not be to...
hello I just ordered some HE-400s that are in the mail right now and I am looking for the cheapest possible amp/dac combo (together or stand alone) that will be able to power these decently. I am currently looking at the schiit stack at around $200 and that is about the most i would be willing to spend seeing as i just dropped $400 on cans and am a collage student. Is there anything below this price that would get me as good of a sound quality or is that stack a good buy...
Thanks KG Jag the he-400s are the ones I was leaning towards. Will they work even close to their potential with the e10 till I can afford an upgrade?
I am looking at purchasing a new pair of headphones with a price cap around $400. I am looking at the hifiman he-400, sennheiser hd600 and hd650s. I listen to mainly electronic, hip hop, and rock (I am a little bit of a basshead) but I am planning on broadening my music horizons when I get these. Mainly with jazz and classical which I have liked on friends phones. Also I am planning on getting an e10 amp with these and upgrading that when I have the money (could possibly...
When you have thousands in college debt and thousands in cans.
I am looking at buying a new pair of over ear phones and I am almost sure that what I want is the ultrasone pro 900s. I will mostly be using these for use at my computer and I plan on powering them with a fiio e7. I listen to mostly dub-step, rap, pop and some rock. I currently own a pair of ultimate ears tripplefi10s and really like the sound from these though maybe just a little bass light. I also plan on doing the kees mod to these headphones.   So my questions...
I am looking at buying a new pair of over ear phones and I am almost sure that what I want is the ultrasone pro 900s. I will mostly be using these for use at my computer and I plan on powering them with a fiio e7. I listen to mostly dub-step, rap, pop and some rock. I currently own a pair of ultimate ears tripplefi10s and really like the sound from these though maybe just a little bass light. I also plan on doing the kees mod to these headphones.   So my questions...