or Connect

Posts by Mani ATH 87

I definitely wouldn't say the treble is rolled off in these headphones. I've been listening to the HD650 almost exclusively for the better part of the last 2 years (a headphone that's widely considered very warm sounding) and the 400i sounds very different.The treble on the 400i is on the bright side of neutral, but I don't find it harsh or hard to listen to. Compared to say the original HE400 which was very harsh at certain frequencies, the 400i sounds much smoother....
 I wouldn't personally consider a cable that costs less then $100 USD to really be "big coin" - especially when cables can run up to $500 and significantly more then even that.But everyone has their own definition of expensive, so that's perfectly fair if it's not something you'd want to spend.I don't personally have the know how to create my own cable or it's something I'd likely do. But I find the price of these cables very fair. Being able to customize them in length,...
 I agree that the stock cable is annoyingly stiff. The cable is fine, but the stiffness is frustrating to me in my set up.I've got some cheap replacement cables off of amazon that another poster has already mentioned:https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Sennheiser-Headphones/dp/B00KBBUKCG In my opinion, I wouldn't bother with this cable. It doesn't really have any effect on the sound positive or negative, but it's a very cheaply made cable. I mean, VERY cheap,...
There are plenty of headphones better then the HD650 between it and the Utopia.  I really like the 650, but that's just insanity talking.
 I haven't noticed any mid bass hump on my he400i... I'd say the HD650 sounds a lot more mid bass centric then the he400i does. From what I've experienced with my 400i since Christmas (and I've spent a good number of hours with them thus far) I'd describe them as having a slightly elevated sub bass, flatter mid bass through the midrange, and then again a slight elevation on the treble. I agree that the 650 has an insane ability to scale though compared to almost any...
I've personally never liked the HD600, I felt the HD650 was a solid step above them although they have a fairly different signature. Of all the mid tier headphones I've spend time with, I always felt the HD600 was probably the most boring sounding. The signature is just unappealing to me, especially with more modern music. They lack bass presence, and they are far to flat sounding for my liking. The 650 has more bass and smoother mids, the highs don't have much detail or...
edit: double post, sorry
Cardas cables are way to expensive.
I'm really shocked that people think the clamp on the HE400i is as strong as the HD650. HD650 has been my most used headphone by far over the last two years, and I find the HD650 clamp to be much stronger then HE400i out of the box. There are many, many people who find that the HD650 has a very strong clamping force, it's a well noted fact over in the HD650 thread. I have the HE400i on all night tonight and unequivocally the clamp is much looser for me then the 650's. Even...
The he400i looks like it's returned to the regular MSRP Price now of $449 usd. Some retailers look like they still have the sale price though...Get them now!