or Connect

Posts by Mani ATH 87

Wow, that looks horrible.
 Yes the stock cable is actually quite nice, I never had any issue with it. I use a Blue Dragon cable with mine, mostly for the custom length, but the stock cable is perfectly fine.
Guys,Like I've mentioned, I've done everything imaginable with my original Modi to try and get it working with Windows 10, nothing works, so it's basically a paper weight for me at this point.The Modi 2 Uber seems to be working now, after initially not being recognized by Windows. Fingers crossed that it continues to work without issue. I don't unplug the Modi 2 Uber in general, but being that it has a wall plug and an on/off switch, I'd like to be able to turn it on and...
 But why is it ONLY the Schiit dac's that seem to have an issue? If it was a problem with Windows 10 and my PC, wouldn't other USB connected devices be having issues?Connected devices by USB - keyboard, mouse, external hdd, microphone, Modi 2 Uber.None of these (with the exception of the Modi) have ever had a single issue, connection or otherwise, since I updated to Windows 10 (6-7 months ago).
Yes. However, it's a crap shoot whether or not Windows will recognize the device when plugged in. When the device is recognized, it works perfectly fine. However, often times Windows will not recognize the device when plugged in. Under devices > connected devices it will sometimes show up as an "unrecognized USB device (port reset failed)"If this happens, it will not show up on the control panel as a recognized audio device. As I mentioned, I've tried every possible thing...
Good day all, I just received my Modi 2 uber today (I have it paired with the Asgard 2). The reason I updated to the Modi 2 uber was because my original Modi stopped working with Windows 10. I tried every known thing in the world to get it working, but Windows just would not recognize the Modi when plugged in. It worked perfectly and without issue with Windows 7, but immediately stopped working once I updated to Windows 10. Yes, I tried various USB cables, ports, a HUB,...
 I have both the HE400 and the HD650. The HE400 has slightly more bass impact, but the HD650 is a superior headphone in all other frequencies.The HE400 is superior if you like a lot of electronic music in my opinion, however for Hip Hop, rock, jazz, and most other genres the HD650 is the clear winner.The HD650 will also scale a lot better then the HE400, so the better your set up, the better they will continue to get. It takes some very expensive equipment before they will...
I need to check out the HD800S - though I wasn't a huge fan of the HD800 because of the bright treble that sounds a bit artificial, I imagine the HD800S must sound fantastic (reduced treble sparkle and a bit of additional sub bass sounds like a dream for the HD800).  Though I can't afford them right now they might actually be something to aim for as an actual upgrade to the HD650. Of course the cost of the right amp to power them pushes them even further from being...
DT150's are garbage compared to the HD650's 
 I like my Blue Dragon V3 cable from Moon Audio. Little bit pricey, but the build quality is second to none. I can't say that it has really had much impact on the sound quality, but it's definitely a nice sturdy cable and I have zero complaints.