Posts by J Bones

PM sent.
Up for sale is a used pair of Audiofly's AF78 hybrid IEM model. The pair has about 100 hours of use on them and is in perfect working condition except for a minor fray in the wire cover near the connector. I have the original packaging for the IEM's and all the original accesories, and will also include a small case full of Comply and other soft ear-tips. I will ship to anywhere in the CONUS for a flat $5. If you have any questions or want additional pictures please feel...
***PRICE REDUCED***   Up for sale is a used pair of AKG Q701's. Sadly, financial reasons have forced me start to sell my audiophilia collection, the Q701's included :(. They are in perfect working condition and order and have about 150 hours of use on them, just past the 'break-in' point. These are by the best cans I have ever listened to any type of music on and I would be willing to bet they will improve the quality of any music you listen to. As in the pictures, I'm...
***PRICE REDUCED***   Up for sale is a used Cowon Z2 Media Player. It's white and has 16GB of internal storage and I have an additional SanDisk 8GB micro SD card in it. The player works flawlessly and has been kept in perfect condition. I have put a screen protector on it and a clear rubber case as well-- I will also include the white stand in the picture as well which makes for a perfect display. If you are still stuck using Apple's iPod :p and want to give something...
I have a used Fiio Mont Blanc E12 Portable Amp up for sale. I have all the original packaging and accessories that were included upon original purchase. If you are looking for an inexpensive way to boost the sound coming from your IEM's then the E12 is a perfect choice. The power control is very consistent and the the extra options like bass boost are well worth the buy. The amp has about 50 hours of use on it and is in perfect condition. I will ship for a flat $5 to...
I have a Schiit Bifrost & Lyr Combo-- both are barely used and in great condition. Sadly, financial reasons have forced me to sell it and the rest of my audiophilia collection (   I never thought this day would come :(   ). The Lyr will come with the Lorenz Stuttgart PCC88 Gray Shield 1960s tubes, I do not have the stock tubes. I've used this combo with both my M50's and Q701's and when I first heard the sound that could come from such a combo, I was not only impressed but...
***PRICE LOWERED***   I have a used pair of Sennheiser wireless RS170 headphones for sale. They have roughly 100 hours of use on them but are in great condition. They work like new and come with the original stand, phones, power cord and audio cable as well (I have a 25ft audio extension cable if needed too). I have acquired 2 pairs of phones since that take up 100% of my listening time so I no longer have a need for these. I do not have the original box but if needed...
And that may be the answer I was exactly looking for! Thanks everyone for the input, I had a feeling it was a much simpler answer than I was looking for but couldn't hone in on what it was.
Ok-- but I'm not looking for a comparison in SQ between two output sources based solely on their max output power. Of course I'll never get anywhere near using the full 6 W but why is it then that nearly 1W out of the Lyr could make me go deaf/destroy my cans but close to 100W out of my receiver wouldn't make my mini speakers even close to that loud? I know using the phono output on my receiver prob doesn't allow me to garner that full 100W that the receiver is capable of,...
  Honestly, I could be completely wrong but I thought it was somewhere in that range. It's a Sony STR DE597 that I bought off a friend a year or so ago...maybe I should look at the specs again.    EDIT: So I was way off-- I believe the output impedance is only 8 ohms, but regardless the same principle should hold true as to why my desktop amp can output less power (wattage) and achieve the same amplification for my headphones (actually it's many times better than my...