Posts by Varinn

Despite the lack of responses, I am satisfied enough with the upgrades that I'll post back my opinion so far. As an upgrade from running most of my music in 250-320kbps through the Asus DX the difference is drastic.   I updated a few of my favourite artists to FLAC format and have switched to using Foobar (which after the initial shell shock, I much prefer over itunes). On the hardware front I no longer have the Asus, which has been replaced with the Creative Titanium HD...
Total change of plans!   After a few days of onboard sound again I got fed up so the videocards are going up for sale to be replaced by a single more powerful card. I have ordered a Soundblaster Titanium HD and a Schiit Magni that I'm hoping to see in the next week or so. I hope it's worthwhile! I am really starting to miss my old X-Meridian the more time goes by.
I've been unhappy with my audio for a while, ever since my auzentech meridian died. I "upgraded" to an Asus Xonar DX and I've disliked it since day one. Awful drivers and the addon features like dolby headphone are mostly useless. I just added a second videocard and started getting tons of EMI so I'm taking the chance to ditch the Asus for another shot at an improvement in the sound department. I have always enjoyed the SQ of all my Creative based cards but am open to...
I got a set of Sennheiser HD558's and an ASUS DX recently so I'm finally considering trying my music in FLAC format but finding it difficult to get a nice clean method for playback. I recently upgraded from Win7 x64 Home Premium to Win8 x64 Pro and I'm noticing a distinct difference in media management. I'd REALLY prefer to just play FLAC files through either windows media player or iTunes for the sake of keeping everything in one place. I tried downloading Win media but...
I had it working with the unified drivers, but the solution involved installing it with the C-Media control panel instead. I took your advice just now, uninstalled all drivers, rebooted and disable onboard through the BIOS, and reinstalled after loading windows but used the ASUS panel this time. All works great! Now.... what are some good games to try it out with??
I've picked up a new DX sound card today and my excitement to try it out has been completely ruined by their horrendous drivers. Installing drivers goes through with zero errors, but after restarting the computer the sound works and it shows up in the devices list and is outputting sound. The "ASUS Audio Center" software does not work however. At all. It does nothing, no loading, no clicking, no hard drive activity or errors, no processes in the task manager. Nothing....
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new sound card for my PC, but I want some expert opinion on the choice before I go ahead. I used to have a Auzentech X-Plosion which I used with my Logitech speakers and Sennheiser PC151. This used to be enough for me, but I want something better now and my new computer doesnt support the X-Plosion. I am a mild enthusiast at best, but would like to hear something better. I am not looking for massive bass, or extreme volume and tend to...