Posts by Kafke

As the title says, my Koss Pro DJ 100 broke a little after a month of owning them. The left ear cup snapped, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Koss' warranty and repair. Doing a bit of searching, I found some threads that said that I just have to send the headphones with a note and a $9 check and then they'll repair it? How good is Koss with this type of stuff?
The reason I ask is because Razer has a raffle going on right now for some of their stuff (Laptop, Mouse, Headphones, etc). The headphones require 50 signups under you, and I was wondering if it was worth trying to get to that number or if I should just forget about it. Are they really all that great? I've heard that most headsets really aren't worth getting unless you really want a mic built in. Opinions? For reference, the giveaway is located here. That's the...
I've tried the MDR V6 with both the laptop and ipod. And after listening for a few more hours, I've noticed the bass start to become more present, almost to a turnoff from the headphones. As I mentioned, I like being able to hear the bass and it's presence, but I don't like feeling the bass that much. I was mostly considering using the headphones for home use (which I do use my ipod when I'm home), but if the headphones work while in public then that's good. Would the...
So up until now, I've jumped from cheap headphones to cheap earbuds. I currently have the Sennheiser MX580 earbuds. I'm looking to get a $100-150 pair of headphones for home use. So I was wondering what everyone suggests for that price range. Initially I heard great things about the ATH-AD700, but I also heard that it fit loose and the bass wasn't great. My roommate just got the Sony MDR V6, which I think sounds great, but I found the bass too "punchy" and not distinct...