or Connect

Posts by ScreenX

Ok, so here's the deal. The 1100is didn't really change much at all over the last few days but i tried something different. i dug up my "man cupboard" and found my old iriver d clix (also known as the U10 in some parts of the world) and played the same tracks that I played on the iphone.   All the sub bass is there in the ATH-CKS1100is and the B&W C5s2 (Sheepishly smiles). It seems that it's the iphone which does the heavy bass roll-off, possibly to save battery...
Okay, I'm answering my own questions here, which is, how does the ATH CK1100is stack up against the B&W C5S2's overall and in sub bass response.   I was able to grab a pair of  ATH CKS1100is from the Singapore duty free (shop name is Sprint Cass in terminal 3) during a transit I had there. This is a comparison of the ATH CKS1100is to the B&W C5S2. The experts at Audioholics have mentioned that break in does not require hundreds of hours and that if the sales guy says so,...
@jant71    Would you happen to have a pair of B&W C5 S2's to compare this to by any chance?
@Kameenadesi Any updates for us eager chaps? :D
@Kameenadesi. How's that comparison coming? Also, does any of the CKS1100is owners happen to have compared them with the B&W C5 series 2s?
Okay here it is and I'll keep it really short. The store I visited only had the P200 and below models and the opinions I express are for the P200 only. Bottom line, it's perfect for it's intended mobile listening purpose. It looks like a closed unit, but if you look closer, you'll see openings on the out edges of the cups, so it does leak sound in and out, but not as bad as fully open headsets like Grado's. It's built very well. Style and color depends on personal...
Just had a quick listen to the P200. Deafeningly loud and very impactfull bass (played via an iPhone5). Highs and mids sounded very pronounced and in my face (it probably was the techno track the guy played for me with thumping bass and screechy electronic sound). It was listed in the Harvey Norman store at AUD$349, the sales guy offered it to me (without me even asking for a discount) at $279, which means any Ausy buyers can squeeze the price a bit more if they are...