or Connect

Posts by AuxNuke

Interesting and somewhat confusing.  I have the NFB-28 2014 model purchased 11/14.  The gain button on the front has simple "Low" and "High" modes:Low = 0 dB GainHigh = +12 dB GainThe volume knob adjusts the volume in 80 steps as shown in the following graphs: It looks like the 2015 unit uses a fixed Gain of +16dB and the following "Slow" (100 steps) and "Fast" (64 steps) on the volume pot as shown below:*Note this graph does not include the recently introduced "H mode"...
You need more volume out of the NFB-28?! Using the balanced output, it's capable of 8w @ 40ohms! On high gain, turning the nob to 30/80 is crazy loud for most music using the HE—560's.
Final price drop listed today!
Final price reductions listed today!
HiFiMan EF-5 Amp:  $370 The Amp was purchased new; I am the original owner Perfect condition (no functional or cosmetic issues) with around 500 hours of use on the included Full Music 12AU7 tube The Amp was adult owned and comes with all original accessories, cables, ear pads, manuals, cases, boxes, etc. Shipping is INCLUDED to CONUS and $15 to Canada, AK/HI. I accept PayPal only; All prices include PayPal fees   PM me with any questions, thanks! -AuxNuke
I'm clearing out some seldom used headphones to put towards a large audio purchase!   All headphones were purchased new; I am the original owner All are in perfect condition (no functional or cosmetic issues) with less than ~60 hours of use (with exception of the M50s) All headphones were adult owned and come with all original accessories, cables, ear pads, manuals, cases, boxes, etc. Shipping for each buyer is INCLUDED to CONUS and $15 to Canada, AK/HI. I accept...
Great to hear!  I really like the more accurate bass the HE-500/560's have over the 598's along with the added detail and treble response.  All in all, a worthwhile upgrade!
Excellent, can't wait to hear your review!  Happy listening
I've heard the Philips Fidelio X2 recently that has a similar sound signature to the HD600/650's and HE-500's (minus the high frequency extension of the HE-500's).  They have a fun, laid back sound that is pleasant with many genres.  At 380g they are considerably lighter than the >500g HE-500's.  There's a pretty good discussion going here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/729413/philips-fidelio-x2-a-review-by-baycode 
If you're looking for a new DAC and possibly Amp in that price range, I'll throw in a recommendation towards an Audio-GD NFB-10.33  http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1033/NFB10.33EN.htm   It runs $580 (before shipping) and includes a dual Wolfson WM8741 DAC and an excellent high output amp.  Best of all, its fully balanced for any future upgrades you may consider.  Most Audio-GD DAC's products that I've heard are mostly neutral with a hint of warm musical...