Posts by AuxNuke

What kind of sound are you going for?  What kind of music do you listen to?    I find the AD900's to be a fairly neutral sounding headphone with an airy sound signature.  They may lack some bass punch but are decently extended. 
I felt exactly the same way about the K/Q70x phones.  I wasn't able to pinpoint exactly what caused the fatigue but, even at low volumes, there was something that didn't "sit well" with my ears.  It was almost like a resonance of the highs... as if the phones held onto a cymbal crash for a microsecond too long.  I tried different amps, DAC's, and even some minor EQ'ing but was never able to alleviate the issue.  A shame because I really enjoyed the wide soundstage! ...
The MA900 sounds like it would be something right up my alley; a warm sound signature with strong mids.  A question for you: how transparent are the MA900's?  One of the best qualities of the Sennheiser HD600/650's is their transparent sound... a "window into the music" sound signature that makes you forget that you're wearing phones and just enjoy the music.  Do the MA900's compete in this regard?  If so, they are an instant buy!
Hello and welcome to Head-fi!   The 15.32 is a very nice little DAC/amp combo; powerful enough to drive almost any headphone with a balanced sound and super low noise floor.  The Wolfson DAC implementation in the 15.32 is excellent and scales very well with higher end amplifiers if you ever choose to go that route.   I've demo'ed a set of AD900's on the 15.32 and it pairs well enough.  Have you already settled on the AD900's?    As for Windows 8 compatibility of...
How about the Audio-gd Compass 2 DAC / Amp combo?  - Can drive over 2w into the the HE-500 (38 Ohm) - Sabre ES9018 DAC - Can customize sound with many different Op-Amps if desired http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/Compass%202/Compass2EN.htm
You'll have to make a decision:  Looks or sound? I greatly prefer the M50 sound over the M80's.    If you're looking for bass and quality sound for $200, go with the Beyer DT 770 Pro. Have an amp? = DT 770 250 Ohm:  http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-250-ohms/dp/B0006NL5SM/  Don't have an amp? = DT 770 80 Ohm:  http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-PRO-80-ohms/dp/B0016MNAAI/
Jono, I replied to your post in the other thread regarding the sound of the HE-500 and HD 650 from the EF-5 amp.  See that thread for my response.   Considering you own the K702, SR60, and DT 990: it seems that you like a bright sounding phone.  Would this be accurate?  Are you looking for something with: A similar sound?  A complement this sound?
  Yes, I would choose the HE-500 over the HD 650 if I were to keep just 1.  It just does so much right to my ears.   Regarding the Q701's:  I owned them for about a year.  They were an interesting phone with an airy and wide soundstage.  It made listening to large orchestral pieces, such as Holst's The Planets suite, very fun.  They were also a "quick" headphone that gave some speed to electronica and trance music.  I ended up selling them for a few reasons:  First, the...
The "Exclusive mode not allowed" error occurs when you have another device using the audio stream (a youtube video, another audio/video program, a game, etc.) when Foobar attempts to take "exclusive" control of that audio device for playback.  Did you have another program running at the time?  Do you get any sound out of your PC, including the built on sound card, at all?   Regarding cables:  I wouldn't spend anywhere near that kind of cash for a digital cable.  Grab...
The EF-5 pairs wonderfully with the HE-500.  It gives them a very coherent sound stage, almost as if there was a "sphere" of audio around your head.  I've listened to many amps in multiple price ranges with the HE-500 and, while some high quality amps like the WA2 and Phonitor are fantastic and have a bit more detail and texture, the EF-5 is one of the few amps that makes me stop analyzing the music and just enjoy it.    VS the HD 650.  This is a tough one for me to...