Posts by UnknownVT

FWIW - the SHE3590 black New are being sold for $5 shipped on eBay - US seller - more than 10 available as of time of posting - but limited to one per buyer -   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-SHE3590BK-In-Ear-Headphones-Earphones-NEW-SEALED-/261282171145
Thank you for your understanding.   However the main point I was trying to make, regardless of my personal preferences, was people with much better credentials than me - like ljokerl, are making numerous sound quality references and comparisons with NO EQ   Thanks
Thanks for confirming that joker does not use EQ.    Although he has not published his full review of the SHE3580 - it seems he is using the SHE3580 as a reference in 5 reviews - 4 are where SHE3580 are said to be better in the areas cited, and only one where it is not as good - but the fact is joker is using the SHE3580 as a reference - without EQ.   There are lots of posts asking about the SHE3580 in joker's thread - this was interesting post #11283 toward the bottom...
  I think I should chime in here - I am one of those who likes the sound of the unEQ SHE3580.   Of course people don't know me from Adam so this is just one opinion. BUT let me quote a few people with better credentials than me:   ljokerl  from his giant reference thread: Multi-IEM Review - 294 IEMs compared although ljokerl hasn't done a review of the SHE3580 yet (it's been in his (001) Upcoming Reviews for ages) - he does reference the SHE3580 several times - but NOT a...
The supplied stock tips are actually very good.   But memory foam tips do help a little to tame the microphonics. Complys are obviously the known brand but memory foam tips can be found on eBay - search "memory foam earphone tips" - Kiwi - seller KiwiSpace has 3 pairs for under $4 delivered -   these fit and work well.   Many have said the microphone version of the SHE3580 are the SHE3575 - the 3575 can be found on Amazon for as low as $4 delivered...
Really?   The spec's of the SHE3800 actually are different from those of the SHE3580 - Frequency response: 12 - 22,500 Hz (SHE3500) vs 12 - 23 500 Hz (SHE3580) Sensitivity: 100 dB (SHE3500) vs 102 dB (SHE3580) so they ARE different IEMs.   Do you have a pair of SHE3580 to compare, please?   Thanks, -- Vincent
Sorry to seem pedantic - but you wrote about the Philips SHE3500 - when this thread is about the SHE3580 - are you sure they are the same? - they do look very, very similar in pictures - but by doing a bit of googling I found the pdf leaflets (links given) for both:   Philips SHE3580 http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/she3580_28/she3580_28_pss_aen.pdf Sound • Frequency response: 12 - 23 500 Hz •Impedance: 16 ohm • Maximum power input: 50 mW • Sensitivity: 102...
There may be a slight wrinkle to this purchase - I bought two pairs BUT both only came with one each of the spare inserts/tips (one large and one small - NOT in pairs!) so individually they would have been of no use......     Photo of my 2 still in sealed bags showing only one each of the spare tips   (on closer examination of the photo of the sealed bag on their eBay listing seems to show the same problem - so this may not be unique)   However I have had good experience...
Some have suggested using Comply tips may improve the sound.   I tried some cheap memory foam tips - I'm not too sure if the sound is improved seems to me perhaps just a bit mellower.   BUT what has improved noticeably is the microphonics - no, it is not eliminated - not sure if that is possible because of the stiff cables - but it is reduced - still suggest over-ear wear and adding a shirt clip to minimize microphonics - also improves wear comfort...
I continue to be astounded by these cheap Philips SHE3580 (I now have multiple pairs)   If anyone is hunting for these - since they have been discontinued - and are being sold at some places at a premium -   I just found them at fleaBay for $6.95 shipped they claim to have more than 10+ and in black, blue, pink, and purple ...ie: SHE3580, 3582, 3583, 3584 respectively NOTE: from the item description -     Hope that helps.   EDIT to ADD - FWIW - I ordered a pair just...