or Connect

Posts by Audioscope

Bump - now for sale instead of trade.
 Oh yes, I know where that is!  Medium Format camera?  I'd love to check that out.  Count me in for cameras and audio gear!  If you haven't listen to one, I have an electrostatic Koss ESP-950 that I'll bring too.
 If you could, I recommend waiting for Sony's announcements at Photokina on September 19th.  The A7 II is the next camera due for an update in the current lineup that also includes the A7R2 and A7S2, so I expect something to be announced soon.  Even if you decide you don't need the latest camera that Sony announces, this gives you an opportunity to pickup the older models for even less.   For the A7, there is only one lens I love more than the Zeiss 35mm f/2.8, and it's...
 I really enjoyed putting Secrets of White Room together as well.  It was challenging to put all my ideas together and be able to combine it into a visual medium that conveys that story successfully, but I am quite happy with the result!  You are absolutely correct about the chaos and disarray in the photos, which I purposely used to contrast against the minimalist surroundings and the stark colours.  You can see a small description I wrote about this shoot...
 Thank you, that means alot to me! I spend alot of time photographing people, and fashion and creative portraiture are what I enjoy most.  I have some recent work on my instagram and website, and I always welcome critique and feedback!  https://www.instagram.com/visualpoetryjourney/ Let me know if there is a set you like, and I can tell you a little more about the equipment I used for that.
 I have an A7 (I) and used it extensively since 2014, so I have some insights on it that I can offer. Under ideal conditions, the images that it is capable of outputting are extremely impressive and sharp as nails.  This is especially true with the native Zeiss lenses like the 55mm f/1.8 and the Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8.  These ideal conditions mean: no extreme light/dark gradations in the scene, for the most part, because these sensors are known to cause...
Guys, I think the place where the latest and greatest camera sensors shine is in difficult, low light situations.     I can take photos that are just as good with my iphone as my mirrorless system when the lighting is good.  The only difference is that the iphone photo will be less sharp most of the time.   Also, if you post-process your photos, the shadow detail of the new sensors is impressive.  With the older sensors, the details will blow out even when you...
@MikePio   @Redcarmoose   My friend shoots a Hasselblad H5D-40 for commercial work and the images definitely have a special look to them.  But, since Medium Format digital is still ridiculously expensive, what is a good choice for a Medium Format film camera?     I am somewhat interested in buying one to experiment with, to see what I can achieve with it for portraiture, fashion, and art. 
 It's actually the manual focus Zeiss APO 135 f/2.  The lens really is as good as everyone says, but it's hard to use.   The reason I mentioned the 1Ds MkIII is because my friend once had one, and he cannot stop raving about it.  Even after upgrading to the 1DX, he felt the 1Ds MkIII still rendered colours better.
@james444   @eke2k6   What about that new sD Quattro?   Also, I am toying with the idea of getting an older Canon 1Ds Mk3 body for my Canon lenses (50 f/1.4 and 135 f/2), but not too sure right now.   What do you guys think?