or Connect

Posts by CZ Eddie

I don't think it's out yet?I only posted it here because I know ya'll are rabid dogs about any new sound stuff.  :D
The new ZTE Axon 7 Android phone is on sale for $277 at Amazon.   https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01FUF1EL8    ***ships within 3 to 5 weeks   The Best sounding and listening smartphone with hifi audio - highest Quality sound reproduction and amplification of music/video playback and record.     I know nothing about it other than lots of cellphone users have been waiting for this to finally be released. And it's supposedly got some nice audio features...
Thank you.   Your timing is very good as I've been thinking about trying this again!I hate that Bluetooth is lower volume than anything else.
I broke the headset frame on my Pro 500 but the speakers are fine.  I just need an unbroken headset frame to transfer my speakers over to.
Sorry for the SPAM, but this is such a specialty/niche item that nobody would ever notice it on eBay.   And it relates directly to this thread.   I'm selling this for $55 shipped in the USA if anyone is interested.  I only unboxed it to test one time and then never used again. It's for Samsung tablets/phones but works with many other mfgs.  I ended up selling my Samsung tablet and got a Nexus and don't need it.   PM only if interested, so we don't clutter up the...
 Thank you for helping with the suggestions.I did a small amount of research on potentiometers.  It looks like the majority of the higher end ones use a much higher ohm rating than 1k?Here are the specs of my current equipment.  Will this help confirm your suggestion of 1k ohm potentiometer? Behringer UCA202 USB DAC:Output impedance - 400 ohms to Alpine PXA-H800 car audio processor:Input Impedance: 10k ohms or higher The volume control would go between these two devices.
 Yep, that would be perfect if I knew it would be unobtrusive to the audio quality.
That's the thing, I am out of my element when looking for this sort of thing.  Which is why I was hoping to find a USB DAC kitted with the external volume.  It would eliminate any compatiblity issues.Yep, I'm doing the installation.  I'm fairly geeky with DIY, Android and Car/Home audio, etc.
 As long as it doesn't disturb the music quality.  I've heard volume pots cause distortion before.This is for a car installation and the volume pot would get installed into my dash.Which is why the volume pot assembly has to be small, so I can fit it in my busy dash/console.
 Thanks, but I'm looking for a DAC with external volume control, not built-in.  :)Sorry if my post was confusing.