Posts by CZ Eddie

I think I posted this question in the wrong subforum yesterday.   I already know the Koss PortaPro ear pieces can be easily removed and placed into a Motorcycle helmet.  But I prefer the specs of the Sennheiser PX 100-II due to much higher efficiency (louder capability vs Koss).  Could someone who has both headsets please compare the thickness of the Sennheiser ear pieces against the Koss to see if it's the same thickness, or hopefully thinner?   In the pic below, I've...
Anybody?  From the reviews on this forum, it looks like there are at least 20 of you who have both pairs.  :)
Guys, I already know the Koss PortaPro ear pieces can be easily removed and placed into a Motorcycle helmet.  But I prefer the specs of the Sennheiser PX 100-II better.  Could someone who has both headsets please compare the thickness of the Sennheiser ear pieces against the Koss to see if it's the same thickness, or hopefully thinner?   The Koss will *just barely* fit as far as thickness goes.  Really hoping the Sennheiser is thinner.
Ahh, thanks for the response. Yes, I use Media Center 17 to watch videos & movies with.  I did discover a volume gain boost feature in it. That doesn't solve my volume problem with other apps though unfortunately.   I suspect PowerAmp would be the same deal.
 Thanks for the helpful response (both of you).  I am new to the headphone world, so I had to google IEM.  "In Ear Monitor"?And the mW rating is also new to me. But the speaker I'm looking at is headphone sized.  This is the speaker:http://www.parts-express.com/visaton-bf32-8-ohm-13-full-range-speaker-8-ohm--292-610   When I compare that with headphone speakers, I get almost the exact same specs, except for the impedance and power handling.  Note the sensitivity is the...
I got the Velodyne vFree headphones.  They do control fast-forward and rewind, but it's a bit clunky.   The headphones themselves sound pretty nice, but the APT-X Windows driver seems to reduce gain a bit.  I had to use my Media Center software's built-in volume hack to increase gain.   $175 at Amazon but I got them on sale at Best Buy for $139.   http://velodyne.com/vfree-headphones.html
Looks like this answers my question about the E6. SonicElectronix (huge player in car stereo) is offering the E6 packaged with headphones with these specs:   Sensitivity: 110dB SPL/mW Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms   http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46816_ClarityOne-Audio-In-Ear-Headphones-Headphone-Amplifier-Bundle.html   Holy crap that must be an ear-bleeding loud setup.
I'm looking at the Fireye Mini+, Mini, Fiio E6 and Hippo.  The Mini+ and E6 are just barely too big for the application I'll use them in, so I absolutely cannot use anything larger.   Problem is, while I have some 32ohm speakers, they aren't high quality.  And the only high quality speakers I can find that will fit the DIY application are 8ohm 78db/w speakers. So.... of the above mentioned choices, would I be correct in assuming the E6 is the best suited, since it's the...
Okay manufacturers who are out there reading Head-Fi, the next wave of micro electronics craze is just a year or two away. And it's for micro sized (1.5" x 1.5" x .5") APT-X Bluetooth headphone amps that are full-duplex so they pass-through microphone signal.  C'mon folks, get it done!  :)
I have two headphones, both are APT-X Bluetooth.  One's a jogging headphone and the other is a Velodyne vFree headset. My computer is Windows 7 x64.   Prior to installing the CSR APT-X driver, I was using the default Windows Bluetooth drivers.  And had acceptable volume levels.   But since the Windows drivers don't support APT-X, I decided to install the only APT-X driver on the market, which is the CSR Bluetooth driver.  Driver name is:  CSR_Harmony_2.zip   Problem...