Posts by cdahdude

Hi guys   The stock cable for my HD 650 stopped working. Thankfully I got an old HD 650 cable that I now use, but I am thinking of getting another HD 650 cable. Will there be any sound improvement or is it just a waste of money?
Hello folks,   I've had an HD 650 for a long time now that I paired with a Qinpu A-3 and a Schiit modi and am planning to upgrade. I have a much bigger budget this time (~$2000 for DAC & amp combo) and am hoping to purchase an LCD 2 or 3 after I gather equipment, but need advice on what I'll need to bring out their full potential because I can't go anywhere I can hear this stuff for myself. For first impressions the Benchmark DAC-1 and Peachtree amplifiers seem very...
Hello folks,   I've had an HD 650 for a long time now that I paired with a Qinpu A-3 and a Schiit modi and am planning to upgrade. I have a much bigger budget this time (~$2000 for DAC & amp combo) and am hoping to purchase an LCD 2 or 3 after I gather equipment, but need advice on what I'll need to bring out their full potential because I can't go anywhere I can hear this stuff for myself. For first impressions the Benchmark DAC-1 and Peachtree amplifiers seem very...
would you recommend one over the other in terms of isolation and leak?
2011 15" macbook pro
Hmm.. Well, I suppose I don't really need to use an amp to run it, but the bottom line right now for me is to find a good sealed headphone within that price range soon. As long as either have good sealing properties than I am more than happy, but if there is a better alternative that I have missed...
Hi folks and thanks for the replies so far,   I own a Qinpu A-3 amplifier and Schiit modi DAC.
Hello,   I am going to college soon, so I need to choose a good sealed headphone so that I don't annoy my roommate and still listen to loud music. I have been using a Sennheiser HD 650 for a year now and am looking for something new, so I am thinking of buying either the D600 or K550, which I've heard have great sound. But I still don't know if the D600 will have a good enough seal for me to be able to listen to music at medium volume without leakage. I also have an...
Hi everyone,   I'm a newbie with a setup consisting of an A-3 Qinpu amp and an HD 650 with modi DAC. I've had my phones for almost a year now and have, unfortunately, dropped it (BY ACCIDENT!!!) two or three times. My concern began when I was listening to some bassy songs when I noticed that the bass felt really muddy and did not sound very good at high volume. I did not EQ either. Fearing that something might be wrong with my headphones, I used the ultimate headphone...
Hi everybody,   I'm a newbie with a setup consisting of an A-3 Qinpu amp and an HD 650 with modi DAC. I've had my phones for almost a year now and have, unfortunately, dropped it (BY ACCIDENT!!!) two or three times. My concern began when I was listening to some bassy songs when I noticed that the bass felt really muddy and did not sound very good at high volume. I did not EQ either. Fearing that something might be wrong with my headphones, I used the ultimate headphone...