Posts by cdahdude

Hello folks,   I've had an HD 650 for a long time now that I paired with a Qinpu A-3 and a Schiit modi and am planning to upgrade. I have a much bigger budget this time (~$2000 for DAC & amp combo) and am hoping to purchase an LCD 2 or 3 after I gather equipment, but need advice on what I'll need to bring out their full potential because I can't go anywhere I can hear this stuff for myself. For first impressions the Benchmark DAC-1 and Peachtree amplifiers seem very...
Hello folks,   I've had an HD 650 for a long time now that I paired with a Qinpu A-3 and a Schiit modi and am planning to upgrade. I have a much bigger budget this time (~$2000 for DAC & amp combo) and am hoping to purchase an LCD 2 or 3 after I gather equipment, but need advice on what I'll need to bring out their full potential because I can't go anywhere I can hear this stuff for myself. For first impressions the Benchmark DAC-1 and Peachtree amplifiers seem very...
would you recommend one over the other in terms of isolation and leak?
2011 15" macbook pro
Hmm.. Well, I suppose I don't really need to use an amp to run it, but the bottom line right now for me is to find a good sealed headphone within that price range soon. As long as either have good sealing properties than I am more than happy, but if there is a better alternative that I have missed...
Hi folks and thanks for the replies so far,   I own a Qinpu A-3 amplifier and Schiit modi DAC.
Hello,   I am going to college soon, so I need to choose a good sealed headphone so that I don't annoy my roommate and still listen to loud music. I have been using a Sennheiser HD 650 for a year now and am looking for something new, so I am thinking of buying either the D600 or K550, which I've heard have great sound. But I still don't know if the D600 will have a good enough seal for me to be able to listen to music at medium volume without leakage. I also have an...
Hi everyone,   I'm a newbie with a setup consisting of an A-3 Qinpu amp and an HD 650 with modi DAC. I've had my phones for almost a year now and have, unfortunately, dropped it (BY ACCIDENT!!!) two or three times. My concern began when I was listening to some bassy songs when I noticed that the bass felt really muddy and did not sound very good at high volume. I did not EQ either. Fearing that something might be wrong with my headphones, I used the ultimate headphone...
Hi everybody,   I'm a newbie with a setup consisting of an A-3 Qinpu amp and an HD 650 with modi DAC. I've had my phones for almost a year now and have, unfortunately, dropped it (BY ACCIDENT!!!) two or three times. My concern began when I was listening to some bassy songs when I noticed that the bass felt really muddy and did not sound very good at high volume. I did not EQ either. Fearing that something might be wrong with my headphones, I used the ultimate headphone...
Hey folks,   I've had my HD 650's for a while now and I've paired them with a Modi DAC and Qinpu A-3 amplifier. I've read lots of posts about recommendations for amps for high impedance headphones and am confused about how loud these headphones should sound with and without an amp. In terms of clarity, there is a significant improvement in sound quality when I switch from just plugging in my phones directly to my MBP to my current setup, but both systems are loud...