or Connect

Posts by Yviena

First thing i would actually recommend to anyone who uses speakers is fix up your room, and get diffusers/absorbers/super chunks in corners.   I just did this and the improvement i got is leagues above any dac/amp/device i can think of. Your good to go tough if you only use headphones,  I'm probably not the norm tho since i strive to get my frequency response as flat as possible. even using studio monitors.
They should have made the SU-1 with a dc jack instead of a transformer, less emi/rfi inside chassis and cleaner power if buying a lps.
What tools did you use to make the holes?
I think one reason for the higher price is the use of metall instead of the plastic used in ipower.
I thought most spdif implementations already have that via pulse transformers.
Hmm i wonder, if the spdif purifier, would be kinda redundant if we already have a very good ddc with ipurifier 2. Looking at the spdif purifier i see it takes power from a usb slot so i hope it's immune to PS noise or atleast ifi makes a ipower version for it.
A cheap way to get very clean power to your F1 would be a ipower 5V a female usb dc barrel adapter and a split usb cable.I seen some measurements of the ipower noise being around -100db aka 1uv.That way you can have the f1 electrically isolated from the pc/source
Looking at it the only difference between 9038 and 9028 seems to be less SNR and -2 THD right?
Nice! I bet that 9038 with es9311 will usher in many new top reference dacs. Tho it will probably hurt the resale value of last years top end dacs but thats technology and progress for ya, 6 months later something newer and better always comes out.
Any clue when the new 9038 chip is actually gonna be released?