Posts by exsomnis

I stand corrected.Agreed. You can't go wrong with Audio-gd.Before I upgraded my amp for my LCD 2s, I considered the iFi iCan system, Violectric V200, Meier Audio Corda Classic, Schiit Mjolnir, ALO Audio Pan Am and various Audio-gd products. Based on all the reviews and mentions, it seemed like they were all worthy. I think in the end I just rolled the dice and happened to want speaker amplification as well in order to arrive at my choice.
It will depend on the output power curve of the amp at different impedances, so you will need to pay attention to what the amps produce at 70ohms (or try to extrapolate it, since manufacturers don't always provide the data point you want)...but typically if they provide sufficient power at 50ohms, max power output at 70 ohms will be very near it. You're still looking for a range of 1-4W. FYI, the O2 can only produce less than 600mW into 50 ohms and a bit less than that...
 I have the O2 and ODAC and yes, they're nice together with the LCD-2.  But...the O2 doesn't have the heft to really open up the LCD 2s. On my Audio-gd Precision 1, vocals and instruments have the kind of fullness and solidity that you associate with a good pair of speakers.  You will be amazed by the jump up from the O2 to any decent amp that can provide 1W and above at 50 ohms.   The only other amp I've listened to that was better than the O2 was an iFi iCan setup....
I should've thought of that! The battery was flat, surprising since it's been off all this time. I'll give it an overnight charge and see how things go. Thanks!Edit: I can confirm that it's back to normal
A few months back I did an A/B between my iDSD (as a DAC) and ODAC and decided that while it was close and there wasn't too much between them, I preferred the extra detail provided by the ODAC.  Today I decided to give the iDSD another go, as I had some hi-res tracks that the ODAC couldn't deal with and discovered to my dismay that the sound from the RCA outs was terrible, as in zero soundstage and a thin and veiled sound.  No volume level, min to max, helped at...
I don't see much difference between 20 years ago, 10 years ago and the internet of just now. It's always been a soapbox for annoying kids, psychopathic liars and trolls. So if one is not filtering anything out, one gets it coming to him/her. There's a good chance that you can blame the recent mass produced proliferation of personal audio for the spike in idiots self-professing an interest in head-fi and audiophilia, so you must be onto something there. My own pet peeve...
Oscar Peterson and Dizzy Gillespie - Blues for Bird.  
5.8kg 5.9kg 6.0kg
Dropping by to attest to the wonderful synergy with the Audio-gd Precision 1 headphone/speaker amp in high gain mode.     From another thread: "If I had to sum it up in one word, the LCD 2 + Precision 1s combo = natural.  It's a balanced, neutral and superbly well articulated sound - liquid without losing clarity.  The bass is full and textural.  The mids and vocals are present without being in your face about it.  The treble is precise and never harsh.  There's...
Seeing as there are no other Precision 1 threads around - I'm here as a necromancer to say that I have been absolutely loving my 1s and LCD 2 combo for 3 months now.   I'd originally ordered the 1 through a local distributor but there appeared to be some delay in delivery and they upgraded my order to a 1s at no extra charge.  Fine by me, though I still prefer the 6.3mm output as the XLR out sounds a bit muddled in comparison.     My setup:  FLAC -> Foobar WASAPI event...