or Connect

Posts by exsomnis

I would go with JDS Labs, one of the original manufacturers. My standalone ODAC is still going strong after 3-4 years. 
I've had some weird garbled static added in to the audio track when streaming bluetooth from my 7 plus - whether it was Tidal, Spotify or even Youtube. A reboot fixed that and I haven't had any issues since then.   I theorise that it has something to do with how the built-in music app tries to take over when resuming playback - this I presume is related to the new detection routine for Apple certified wireless earphones/headphones. 
 For an excellent budget integrated amp that happens to have a good headphone amp section, I would highly recommend the Onkyo A-9010. It's a steal at £200 or so, well under 1K. They no longer make them, but Audio-gd used to produce the Precision 1 & 2 amps - with excellent speaker and headphone amp sections. If you can get one on the cheap, they're hard to beat.  You can also take a look at this old thread...
 Unless you have a professional SPL meter, you could get an SPL measurement app on your phone. Then play a track that plays a single tone - lots of hifi test tracks like these - and measure it with your phone, one cup at a time. 
 I finally got my LCD 2.2 back from driver replacement - and they came back as 2F 2016s. They're a lot closer to the LCD 3F 2016 tuning - as in they've lost their typically dark nature and deep planar bass for a more balanced presentation, which means more treble and more clarity. The LCD 2F 2016 I find is more resolving of fine details whereas the 2.2 tended to muddle those up. Totally different beasts. The LCD 2F 2016 vs LCD 3F 2016 match-up is a contrast in levels of...
Having read all the reviews, I'd wanted to get one at release but a then purchase of a PM-3 and a later purchase of an LCD3 all got in the way of that.  So this year, my belated birthday present from wifey was an Audeze Sine. My best ever birthday present used to be an Alo Audio Pan Am that I got a few years ago. My best ever birthday present is now an Audeze Sine :p   I've had the Sines for a week now and I have been wowed from the first listen. I'd used the PM-3 for...
I checked and it's about as many as I saw a few months ago. Nothing to worry about, there are way more Audeze cans out there than are represented by the FS forum. I would be curious if there were suddenly 10 LCD 3Fs popping up at the same time but that isn't the case. And who knows what the people selling their Sines are thinking....   As always, there are going to be people who don't prefer the Audeze sound due to whatever circumstances - preference, mismatched amps,...
Not with my DAC-19, nope. Win10 is fine with it.In general, you will want to try different USB cables, different PC USB ports and even USB hubs. You will also want to remove any USB reclocker/purifier/cleaner from the signal chain.
 It's sad but true. Headphones are a huge multi-billion dollar market but audiophile amps and gear are still a tiny portion of that. Our local dealers here refuse to keep any stock of high ticket audiophile gear - even though they advertise themselves as being authorised dealers for the big head-fi audiophile brands, including Cayin.   Which is why I ordered my IHA-6 from China - if I was going to wait the same or longer amount of time to buy through a local dealer, I...
That's too bad for the 110v market then. Cayin should have more distributors/dealers outside of China.