or Connect

Posts by exsomnis

I don't know what you're on about... There are some microphonics, yes, but not more so than any regular cable. Definitely not noticeable when the music is on.  I know heavily microphonic cables when I hear them and the stock cables just aren't that. There is nothing wrong with the memory wire either...
 I think the problem is translating a roughness in the treble frequency response graph into real life listening. It can't translate as roughness in listening because treble frequency sounds are typically rough by nature. Crashing cymbals are rough.  That said, the treble on the 2.2 is definitely not as refined as it can be but it's not a huge issue because it is definitely rolled off. As for the new LCD 2s, I will reserve comment until I get mine back.
Yep, there's some speculation that the cutoff point is around Oct/Nov last year.
They can mimic speaker soundstage and 3d imaging but the accuracy and fidelity is not quite there. Tyll's observation too.
 I don't have a link handy but an Audeze rep has already commented somewhere on Head-Fi that the 282xxxx do not signify a new revision. They ran out of 271xxx serial number labels and had to get new ones done.... 
There are obvious different use case scenarios for loudspeakers and headphones. And so the obvious thing to say is that you use such and such for this purpose, and so on for a different purpose. Jogging, walking, taking a piss, whatever.   But this being head-fi, derived from the term hi-fi, which stands for high fidelity - the actual question is, between loudspeakers and headphones, which of these reproduce sound of a higher fidelity than the other? Right now, the best...
I received my pair of the triple driver today. My initial impression, playing off of my iPhone with Tidal lossless was that it was good - plentiful bass if flabby, toned down treble and nice laid back mids. Great with edm/pop and processed sounds.   And then I started noticing how thin and closed in the upper mids were. This is particularly noticeable with saxophones, trumpets and higher alto voices. On jazz tracks that I know intimately, the placement was all wrong and...
I think if one were exposed to hifi loudspeakers, one would have a preference towards them. Particularly if said exposure were to a decent set of loudspeakers that were able to project sounds beyond the confines of the boxes/panels that they were emitted from and not forgetting to mention, in high fidelity.    I grew up around a set of Polk Audio SRS 1.2 TLs - towering behemoths that not only projected its soundstage far and wide but also provided a fullness of sound...
 Cheers to that!
Just received my FLC8S today. The standard config was way too bright for me. |joker|'s config was still too bright.   So I tried blue nozzle, grey bass and red sub bass - they turned into LCD2.2s and I'm loving them to bits :D