Posts by Chexxchexx

Selling Centrance DACmini CX which had the 1-Ohm mod performed at the factory.   From Centrance's site: "Headphone Linearity" Mod (1 Ohm output) - Use this mod to get the best out of low-impedance headphones   The unit is in excellent condition and sounds amazing with my Audeze LCD-2. Selling because I've got the Centrance M8 on the way and, even though the DACmini CX is better, I only need one amp and place more of a premium on transportability.   Includes amp,...
***SALE PENDING*** These are the FreqPhase version of the JH Audio 13 Pro in ear monitors. The left IEM was fractured when it hit my granite countertop...frustrating that it was this fragile, but the impact was cosmetic only and won't matter at all to a buyer given that you'll be getting these re-shelled. You can see the fracture if you look carefully at the image showing just a single IEM. The fracture runs around part of the bottom perimeter (under the bottom left...
Altmann Tera-Player in mint condition with the exception of a pin-head sized mark to the right of the play (circle) button. It arrived this way and I couldn't be bothered to return it to Charles and risk delays in customs in both directions for such an inconsequential and truly barely noticeable mark.   I took delivery of the unit in May. I'd guess it's been used for 100 hours of break-in plus another 100-150 of actual listening. This is the v0 (standard) version of the...
I spoke too soon. Just received an email from Kenny saying that my M8 has been shipped. Looking forward to checking this thing out first-hand. Hope you guys receive similar news soon.
Has anyone in the January to May pre-order batch heard from Stacie? The units were supposed to ship on Wednesday once the cables were received, but I haven't heard anything one way or the other.
Carmantom,I certainly don't dispute that Craig's in no hurry, but these days he's routinely too busy to communicate.Might I suggest that you update your original post just to clarify that, though you had positive experiences with Whiplash, countless others have been left disappointed by Craig's inability to properly run his business? Potential customers read the early posts in this thread and move forward with a purchase without ever getting to the more likely reality...
Michael, I see that you're getting closer to the September shipments as the power supplies are on their way to CEntrance. Assuming I'd be included in that batch, I just want to formally request that my iDevice M8 with 4-pin XLR not be shipped until you've worked through the 24/96 issues. I'll gladly wait to ensure I don't have to deal with the hassle and expense of sending my M8 back once things are fully ready. In the meantime, I'll just have to suffer through listening...
From the blog: Pick your M8 Made me think of a derivative of a funny saying my dad used to say to me: You can pick your M8 and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your M8's nose. Sorry, couldn't resist. And, for the record, I like the line, though I'd go with the word "choose" over "pick".
Provided the shipping address is in the continental U.S., yes. The $150 price also includes PayPal fees.
Yes, it is.