or Connect

Posts by nikobi

OK, so I've finished my pupDac now. Unfortunately something does not seem to work. When I connect the pupDac to my Ipad (via connection kit), Ipad shows a message along the lines of: "Device not available. Connected device is using too much current". Then, when I connect the Doodlebug nothing happens. Doodlebugs two LEDs light up, pupDacs LED does not. Dac is not recognized (no error message, Ipad plays music through internal speaker).   Now, unfortunately, my Ipad is...
OK, thanks for the heads-up Avro_Arrow - I'll finish my pupDAC and report back. This is probably going to take a week or two, though. Cheers, Nik
Hi,   Trying to test my doodlebug, as I suspect something is wrong. Unfortunately I have only one computer with USB 3 connectors only and an unsoldered as-of-yet pup-dac kit.   My doodlebug looks OK, both LEDs light up (12V dc power dupply), voltage between test points is 5.25v but I cannot make it work. Is it ok to use a USB mouse or keyboard to test the doodlebug? When I connect a spare usb mouse, the mouse led does not light up and no connection is made. I tried...
Maybe you can help me sort out my question:   Currently I am feeding my MF V-DAC II from an Airport Express via toslink. I am mostly streaming apple-lossless material from itunes. The V-DAC and the rest of my audio chain are located ca. 7m/21 feet from my computer which is my only audio source. This setup basically works, but sound quality is not very good.   The connection-indicator led on the v-dac sometimes flickers for a short time, indicating miniature...