Posts by sweetplastic

After running into the same problem, I uninstalled the DSDIFF component (it actually transcodes to PCM) and let the SACD component do the work (set up using the pdf guide Michael linked). No problem anymore, DSD is played as DSD (ie blue light on on your GO).
David Bowie . Five Years (from Bowie at the BEEB CD 2) Best lyrics, bass line, melody... ever.
Downloaded the 3.00 version for a try, and man, I must say I am impressed. SQ is amazing even with basic settings ( I don't have ASIO drivers for my DAC...yet, and only 6gb of ram), much more engaging and detailed than foobar. Just had a quick listen and might be getting carried away a bit, but WOW. Definitely worth a try, even if the UI is...um... Thanks for the heads up!
Har Mar Superstar, Bye Bye 17   A breeze of fresh air in a sea of cheap, marketing oriented electro-pop...       Lady You Shot Me  
The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream Gomez - Bring it on Kid Loco - A Grand Love Story Pink Floyd - The Wall David Bowie - Live at the BBC (2000) Geinoh Yamashiro-gumi - Akira OST
Hi all, I just got my hands on Phonak PFE111, and loving them so far. I am wondering whether these would benefit from amping, particularly on my laptop.  I've been using headphone out on my Vaio Z, and while it sounds OK, I have to crank up the volume at times.   On the DAP side, the buds pair well with iHP-120, but again, some input on amping and whether it helps with sound quality would be very welcome. I've been looking at ibasso D-Zero, sounds great, but...
Faye Wong forever!!! She's the best Some more disbanded J Rock I like:   Blankey Jet City     The Yellow Monkey   One hit wonder Penpals   Go!Go!7188   And a last one, good for laughs and pretty catchy tune: 
New to head fi, and glad to have taken advice from the Audeo PFE thread as I got a pair of PFE 111 at a great price. I absolutely love them so far, particularly with grey filters + slight bast boost in EasyQ. Now my question: do these benefit from amping? I mostly listen to music on my laptop, and am considering a DAC/amp like the ibasso D-Zero if it brings a significant improvement on the already great sound quality.
Although not a fan of "modern" J or K-Pop, here are a few bands that I absolutely love:   The Blue Hearts 情熱の薔薇       夜の盗賊団   The Blue Hearts (or The High Lows after they disbanded) are my favorite Japanese band. Even with my average language skills, their lyrics speak to the heart. Maybe a last one from them:   青春   And some random favorites:     The one who started the J Idol wave, way back in 1971: the über cute Amachi...