Posts by lakersfan2424

Thanks Billson. Everyone keeps talking about amps and I was kind of lost.
First of all, I'd like to say I'm not an audiophile at all. I barely even know what an amp does. I got the audio technica ath m50s le and was wondering if there are any tood amps out there for it for under $50, preferrably portable. If all amps do is make the headphones louder, then I don't want an amp though, or if that's the main thing it does. So, what exactly does an amp do and what would be a good amp for the audio technica ath m50 le for under $50? All responses are...
First of all, I'd like to say I'm not an audiophile at all. I barely even know what an amp does. I got the audio technica ath m50s le and was wondering if there are any tood amps out there for it for under $50, preferrably portable. If all amps do is make the headphones louder, then I don't want an amp though, or if that's the main thing it does. So, what exactly does an amp do and what would be a good amp for the audio technica ath m50 le for under $50? All responses are...
Thanks for the response. I actually decided to get the ATH-M50S LE and got them about a month ago and they sound amazing compared to my Skullcandies.
deciding*
I am decideig which headphones to buy, the headphones in the title, but I'm leaning towards the ATH M50S LE. I want headphones that have a good soundstage, don't require an amp, and have good sound quality. Also, the headphones should be able to be driven solely by an iPhone 5 with 128 bitrate music. They should be relatively portable, comfortable, durable, and sound good with rap, pop, and alternative music. Thanks for any help!
Argghhhhhh!!!!!! I keep forgetting to type the stuff. I would also want little sound leakage.
I forgot, I also want a relatively good soundstage.
Also, the sennheiser hd518, hd558, and hd598 are options. Thanks for the help!
Which of the headphones listed in the title should I buy? I want good SQ with a very slightly exxagerated bass. I also want comfortable, noise isolating (not noise cancelling, as I've heard it makes the SQ worse) headphonss that don't require an amp (just driven by an iPhone 5 with dongs in the regular bit rate). Prefferably, the headphones should be portable, but that is mot my main concern, just an extra bonus. I want headphones that also have a good build quality...