Posts by merigoldsass

I own a BeyerDynamic DT 880, I lost my original receipt, how do I find out  how many OHMS my model has?
yes dvi-d means dual link
i meant to write before that i am running 2560 X 1600 (not 1080), and yes i am using a dvi-d cable.
after gaming at 2560 X 1080 with a dvi-d cable and my dell monitor, i have decided that 2560 X 1080 with gaming looks significantly better than 1920 X 1080 over hdmi. unless i play a console game i never want to play a pc gaming at anything less than 2560 X 1080.
i agree. pny said my hdmi will not do audio only, i might still try it when i get a receiver. as of now it will probably be optical cable to receiver, dvi-d to monitor.
sorry, i meant to say sony and microsoft in regards to their next consoles, as of now, will not support gaming resolution beyond 1080p
i am almost positive what you are referring to is only for video (movies, documentaries, etc... that go beyond 1080p).  pc gaming takes up a lot more processing power from a pc. According to a phone conversation i had with PNY my video card company, they said only dvi-d cables and display port cables can run games at the resolutions you were referring too.   when it comes to 120hz with hdtv it is mostly ********. the 120 in hdtvs helps smooth out the image better than...
not sure who the "they" is you are referring to.  is it perhaps the message on boxes of hdtvs that say "FULL HD 1080p" have succeeded in marketing to the masses.   with dvi-d cables and from what i have been told display ports cable you can game way beyond 1080, check my screenshot for proof/ an example. 
not sure who the "they" is you are referring to.  is it perhaps the message on boxes of hdtvs that say "FULL HD 1080p" have succeeded in marketing to the masses. with dvi-d cables and from what i have been told display ports cables you can play pc games way beyond 1080, check my screenshot for proof/ an example. 
i spoke with pny the video card company of both my gtx 680 video cards and they said no matter what hdmi cable version you use you will not go beyond 1080p for gaming. he did say display port will support over 1080p.  what i just mentioned is probably why , as of know, sony and microsoft will not support 4k or anything else above 1080p in regards to gaming. sony has announced that it will only support 4k video (bluray, etc...)  not 4k gaming. we will see if somehow this...