Posts by chrstnwarrior88

I recently purchased a pro-ject rm 1.3 genie on the for sale forums. Paired with my grado platinum it is amazing but a little out of your price range. But if buy used and get something like the grado black (I'm kind of a grado fanboy) you could stay in your price range and have a great set up. Mine blows my vintage technics out of the water to my ears. Anyway that's my 2 cents. Good luck
Great transaction. TT was like new. Thanks
Brainwavz b2 is great in this price range
That is the million dollar question for these headphones. I personally have a musical paradise tube amp that I think is spectacular. But from what I have heard for the best bang for your buck you should look into the matrix m stage, the 02 amps, and Schiit Magni. These are all great options. But your best option is research. There are 1000+ post discussions about which amp is best for the k70x headphones.
On paper the k70x headphones seem somewhat easy to drive. But from experience this is not the case. You don't have to go crazy or anything but an amp is a necessity with these headphones. They are good for gaming and movies though. Hope this helps at least a little.
I don't have a ton of experience but hopefully I can help. I recently upgraded from an older audio technica cart to a grado black. I love it. It is pretty cheap (around $50 or $60 USD) and was a huge sound upgrade. They also make a couple upgrades from the black, that are color coded (blue, green, an gold), and at least one of them is in your price range as well. Hope this helps a little. Good luck
For classic rock one of my favorite albums is "the cars" by the Cars. Also like most Kansas and for Early European rock I like Jethro Tull (my favorite album from Jethro Tull is "heavy horses."
That is what I do with mine for now.  I made a cable (or you can buy one) that has RCA connectors on one side and either a female or male 3.5 mm jack on the other side (mine has the female so I can use my LOD from my iphone to the amp).  I am saving for a good DAC but in the mean time it sounds great and it is really easy to access all my music on my phone.  Also most amps have multiple inputs on the back so it is very easy to switch between sources.
I don't like to give advice except when it's from experience. I only have one quality amp so far, but I love it. It's a musical paradise mp-301 mkIII. It is a tube amp which can be used to drive speakers or headphones. I have used it for a couple months now and really have no complaints. It is well under your $500 budget so you can get some other gear like a dac. At any rate it is a steal for the price. That's my 2 cents. Good luck. Hope you find what you are...
Are you looking for portable or a home amp?