Posts by Flisker

Thank for reply, it's very helpful. May I ask where did you get the GEC GAS7G's and for how much ?
 Got some new driver tubes today, so I'll do some more testing, but I think it's the tube dying because it didn't do any noises before. It was perfectly silent. Thanks for tips.
 Ok, thanks for the number ;)
 I already asked in all threads :DDo you have any tips on where to hunt for 5998's or 6AS7G's for a decent price ? They are ridiculously expensive on ebay :( Or is 400$ normal for pair of 5998's ?
 I have Sylvania 7236, but those are also dying :D (got them with amp) , they are not as pleasant as Tung-Sol 2399 from short listening test. Would you have some tip on where to get 5998/2399's for decent price ? There is not much of them on ebay and if there are some, it's pretty expensive (400$ what the ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATCHED-PAIR-TUNG-SOL-TYPE-5998-VACUUM-TUBE-NOS-1967-DATED-421A-/222429101711?hash=item33c9cebe8f:g:pJ8AAOSwSzdXCm1A)
 Hi,    thanks for fast reply! Yes I really enjoy detail that's why I like CCa's as driver tubes, but "GEC 6AS7G", is it this tube : http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEC-6AS7G-Curved-Brown-Base-NIB-/232263614738?hash=item3613fd8112:g:5gsAAOSwImRYclFG ? It's seriously expensive, too much for my wallet :- ( right now. Is there some solid mainstream power tube that is more affordable and still has nice detail ? What about something like this...
Hey guys,     I have had Woo Audio WA2 for quite some time and I love it. Unfortunately it seems that my power tubes are dying, since I'm getting some ringing which comes and goes and is extremely irritating so I'm looking for a replacement. Could you guys share some tips with me please ?   ps: Right now, I've got 2399 Tung Sol/Chathams which from my research should be similar as 5998's. and for driver tubes I'm using Siemens CCa's which are absolutely...
Hey guys,     I have had WA2 for quite some time and I love it. Unfortunately it seems that my power tubes are dying, since I'm getting some ringing which comes and goes and is extremely irritating so I'm looking for a replacement. Could you guys share some tips with me please ?   ps: Right now, I've got 2399 Tung Sol/Chathams which from my research should be similar as 5998's. and for driver tubes I'm using Siemens CCa's which are absolutely wonderful.   Thanks a...
Hey guys,     I have had WA2 for quite some time and I love it. Unfortunately it seems that my power tubes are dying, since I'm getting some ringing which comes and goes and is extremely irritating so I'm looking for a replacement. Could you guys share some tips with me please ?   ps: Right now, I've got 2399 Tung Sol/Chathams which from my research should be similar as 5998's. and for driver tubes I'm using Siemens CCa's which are absolutely wonderful.   Thanks a...
Hey guys,     I have had WA2 for quite some time and I love it. Unfortunately it seems that my power tubes are dying, since I'm getting some ringing which comes and goes and is extremely irritating so I'm looking for a replacement. Could you guys share some tips with me please ?   ps: Right now, I've got 2399 Tung Sol/Chathams which from my research should be similar as 5998's. and for driver tubes I'm using Siemens CCa's which are absolutely wonderful.   Thanks a...