Posts by klfl

Mint GR07 Classic Blue in box. Non smoking household. First owner for 1 month.   2 day shipping free in the US. Buyer pays %3 paypal fee or send as gift. Not for trade and firm on price.   Thanks for looking.
Or planned obsolescence scheme? jk.
A few weeks ago I asked Audeze customer support why they have changed the sensitivity rating of LCD-2 from 93db/mw to 101db/mw (similar change for LCD-3). Their response is that they have changed how they measure their own headphones. They now measure at a different location closer to the ear. So I suspect that this factor will add more variables to the FR graph from Audeze.   It is very possible that if you re-measure an old production LCD-2 with new method, you will...
After testing out my own recording with a few instruments. That's exactly how I would describe pre-Fazor 2.2.
No, you misunderstood. There is indeed a change in bass from the pre-fazor to the LCD-2F, and I am glad they made the change. It is one step closer to neutral. A lot people do recognize this as an improvement, for example Michael Mercer.
 This post here explains the term pretty accurately:http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary I once recorded acoustic guitar and piano on the pcm-d50 and hooked it up with the O2/LCD-2, very good detail but the sound is flat and lacks energy. It is much more enjoyable with the pico power. (which measures as good, if not better than the O2. http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AllAmpsJuly2013.pdf)I enjoy the O2 and it provides the best performance in its price...
Originally Posted by diamondears What do you mean you also hear what's in the FR graph of your LCD-2s? The FR graph of my LCD-2Fazor drops down substantially at around 40hz. Originally Posted by diamondears A perfect comparison is a 2-way speaker vs a 3-way speaker. The 3-way speaker would sound different, and much better due to the ability to put out sub-bass frequencies.  True that with extra speaker dedicated to the lower frequencies will provide more bass. However I've...
Mjolnir/gungnir, vali/modi, o2/odac combo, microstreamer, pan am. I do find the LCD-2 pairs well with akm based dac.
Yes I have the chance to compare both models side by side extensively and decided to get rid of the pre-Fazor. However some careful volume matching must be done since they have different sensitivity. I also swapped the pads/cables to test out the difference. The FR charts from audeze are pretty accurate imo and supports what I hear pretty well. The O2 is one of my amp of choice at office however I do not find them a good paring with the LCD-2. The HD800 sounds well with...
Interesting, however that's not my experience at all. May I ask what is your source/amp? I've had 2 pairs of LCD-2 pre Fazor since 2012 (leather/vegan). They have more bloated bass and recessed mids compared to Fazor model. Neither can be considered reference sounding, but Fazor LCD-2 is one step closer neutral. (Comparing to a variety of headphones in similar price range) Neither version is my favorite headphone, but IMO the Fazor LCD-2 has less issues than the pre-Fazor...